Thursday, May 24, 2012

Crab Cakes - Part Deux

The 40 days of fun continue.

As I write this I have two crab cakes cooking in the oven. They shall be accompanied by oven fries and veggie medley.  I need to recover from my weekend crab cake fiasco and get my confidence back.

Its been a busy week both work-wise and doing fun things.

Yesterday was a very busy day. I did the second demo at work for them to record and create a video. Around mid-day, I took a short break to make a quick trip to Vic.toras Sec.ret to use a coupon I had and nipped into Bath.Body to get a body spray. 

Later I went to my sister's for a celebration dinner for my niece. We gave her gifts and she liked everything we bought her. It was a fun evening and we all relaxed and enjoyed some delicious Thai food and wine.

I really enjoyed playing with my sister's dog. I had not seen him in couple of months so he went ballistic when he saw me. We all usually meet up at my parents place for dinner each week, so I don't get to see him.  He is the sweetest dog ever - a border collie and German shepherd mix. Big guy, but with the sweetest demeanour. He is having trouble with his left hind leg so they are giving him some meds :-(

Today was a little less insane at work. I did break away to get my car washed -- poor thing needed a good vacuum inside. Now she is looking shiny and beautiful :-) 

Tomorrow is graduation ceremony, so that should be fun although long evening most likely.

Then comes the long weekend which is filled with all sorts of fun things like yoga, massage and some other interesting stuff I hope.

I have kept my word and am not taking any meds at all - giving my body a real break. 

On a funny note -- my tattoo had scared me on several occasion. I catch a glimpse of it on my leg and freak out. Today I went for a walk and at one point I stopped to strech my legs and I saw the edge of it and I freaked thinking I had a creature on my leg.

Thank god its not permanent!

9 comments:

  1. Ha! I guess that means a permanent tattoo is not in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too fun reading the tattoo story. :-) I'd probably freak also. For your sister's dog, if it seems to be arthritis, have her check out "Joint Max" http://www.healthypets.com/jointmaxchews.html My pups get it, love it, and seem to do better with it. Roomie recommends it for her canine sitting clients and it seems to do really well for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MN. I will have her check it out. He takes glucosamine right now.

      Delete
  3. Glad your break is doing so well. I love my sister's dog too. Ever since she had her son her dog has been feeling neglected so whenever we see her she is constantly cuddling up to get some affection. So sweet! And crab cakes, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you've had a great week so far!

    That's funny that the tattoo has been freaking you out. If you get a permanent one, you'll have to put it somewhere you'll never be able to see it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...crab cakes! Hmm, thinking because I'm not pregnant I'm due for some sea food or even sushi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, crab cakes! My lizard tattoo doesn't freak me out. I think he's cute and it looks cool when I wear socks - looks like he's climbing out the top. :) My sister tells my niece (tongue-in-cheek) that I was "misguided." Ha! I love your 40 days of fun idea, if I haven't said that already!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go on 40 days of fun! Great idea and I'm proud of you for going on with the crab cakes.

    ReplyDelete