Thursday, May 3, 2012

Short and Sweet

My post that is :-)

Yesterday was CD1.

I was doing quite well all day and had been super productive and vacuumed the whole house etc. I was surprised how I was not cramping since AF after failed cycles can be brutal as most of you know.

Well, it was midnight by the time I went to bed and I decided to take a couple of Tylenol since I was feeling a bit of pain.  Then I woke up at 1:30 with really bad cramps.

I have a close friend who had a successful IVF pregnancy once tell me that labor is like cramps x100......well this was obviously not that bad but it was bad enough to make me recall her remark out if the blue.

I staggered downstairs and microwaved the Bed Buddy heating pad thing and curled up with it.  It took a bit of time but the pain subsided and I was able to go back to sleep.

So, today I am rather tired and been dragging a bit. I plan to turn in early. Problem is I am eating dinner late and so sleeping quite late. I need to get back to normal hours.

Fun activity of the day:
I actually took a lunch break today and sat outside on the deck and ate my lunch. It was warm but comfortable. Nice change from gobbling lunch between calls and work.

Dinner tonight:
Pork schnitzel with a dill sauce, left over pesto pasta and steamed frozen veggies.

6 comments:

  1. Uggg...those post-IVF cycle AF cramps are the worst :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the cramps calm down. I've been making more of an effort to take breaks at work and it really breaks up the day in a great way. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My IVF nurse just warned me yesterday about the post IVF cramps. :-( I hope they get better. I'm glad you're still focusing on doing things for yourself each day,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love schnitzel. Hope the pain level is less today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete