Today was a free day for me, nothing planned and I intended to just chill out. Maybe some quick errands, but nothing major.
Well all that changed last night when my sister mentioned she was going up to my nephew's university to help him move into a different dorm for summer. She was mentioning how many steps there were to climb (4th floor no elevator), so I kindly offered assistance and she accepted it with alacrity.
So, this morning at 9am we set off from home thinking we would be back by lunchtime. Long story short got back by 4:30pm. There were a lot of delays since my nephew's room was not ready, and then we ended up helping move stuff for two of his roommates. They have a "pod" with six rooms and a common living/kitchen area.
There was some pandemonium with lines for the elevator in the new place, but since it was not general move in day, it was not complete madness. We finally managed to get everything in there. It was very hot and humid, but both places we were able to wait in the shade by the car and we could leave the car there without someone rushing us.
My sister treated us all to lunch at CPK where she and I both inhaled a MaiTai - we needed it. Luckily I have a yummy left over pizza for dinner.
My sis told my parents how appreciative she was that I went along and that she could not have done it without me, which is true. I had her stay by the car mostly and load/unload it, while I did the grunt work of going up and down the stairs at the first location and then dragging heavybins full of stuff in the second location. Thank god the second location had elevators!
Interestingly in all the 8 hrs we spent together today she did not once ask me about my TTC efforts, even when on several occasion when we were talking about jobs/trips etc I alluded to it as "depending on how this other stuff going on turns out.....". And she as yes...but did not ask anything further. Oh well!
So, now after a shower and a long nap I am running laundry and going to relax the remainder of the evening.
Fun activity of the day:
Got to bond with my sis and nephew, saw where he will be living for the next few months and had a relaxed lunch in the restaurant patio, drinking a maitai.
I think that some people don't ask because they don't know how or are afraid how we'll react. I was really like that before infertility but am getting better. I guess I'm saying I never used to ask about sensitive things becasue I didn't want to upset the person by asking.
ReplyDeleteYou are a good sister...I hate moving so I don't know if I would have volunteered! I'm glad you are drinking Mai Tai's now because pretty soon you won't be able to!
ReplyDeleteI happy to hear that you found some fun time.
ReplyDelete