I decided to do a weekly update. Feel free to skip if you are not up to reading about it.
Being at 34 weeks feels good and while one does not want baby arriving anytime soon, it is a much more comfortable place to be in mentally than 24 weeks, or even 28 weeks.
How far along: 34 Weeks
Weight Gain: 25 lbs
Symptoms: Stuffy nose, constipation, acid refux being managed with a Zantac at night, stiff fingers and slight swelling in feet and hands usually in the morning due to water retention. Get slightly out of breath of I go up the stairs quickly. And some mild backache occassionally.
Sleep: I slept wonderfully the majority of the pregnancy and only since Week 33 have I been getting up frequently and finding it difficult to get comfy.
Exercise: Stationary bike daily and some yoga stretches during the day.
Movement: Yes. Although Beanie has a general "schedule" she follows, it can sometimes vary from day to day. So one day she can be extra perky and up and about all day, and invariably the next day she will be much more quiet. She is getting bigger so movement is supposed to get a bit less simply due to lack of space.
Response: She responds to my voice, particularly when I address her directly. So if she is quiet and I ask her to kick me she will oblige. She is still shy and will not let me watch her movement on my bare belly. Only when I have it covered will she move.
Cravings: I have craved chocolate brownies/cake thoughout. I have not given in to it. I have a small piece of Dove once a week or so. I don't keep anything sweet in the house to tempt me. I also would not mind a deli sandwich of all things. I don't normally eat deli meat and have only had it once during the pregnancy. But a nice ham sandwich on a crispy baguette sounds yum!
Emotions: Pretty even keel. No bouts of crying or anything like that. Heck, I live alone who can I be pissy and emotional with. In fact my Dad remarked that other day that I was handling the pregnancy really well and telling me that my Mom was quite "needy" when she was pregnant. I told him being an SMC makes one much more self-sufficient, after all "who can I be needy with?" its not like I can sit on the couch, look pathetic and have someone rub my feet. If my feet are sore or my back hurts, I just have to grin and bear it, or rub it myself :-)
Funny Moments: I still surpised if I touch my belly absent-mindedly when doing something and think "OMG, why the heck is my belly so big?" Also, I have had momenst on the couch when I cannot lift myself off so I am like an insect with my arms/legs flaying. I then have to roll over on my side and get up that way.
And lastly, here is a belly pic from last week.
Hmm...my belly looks nothing like the gal in the ticker. Also it says 42 days but I actually have ~23 days left.

Love the belly and that she moves on command. (Wouldn't it be nice if she were that cooperative once she was born?)
ReplyDeleteI know - lol.
DeleteMiss H will not move if my belly is uncovered, either. I don't think she likes the cold. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look great and around 33 weeks was where I started to get more uncomfortable, too. And it looks as if we might have babies the same week!!
You look great!
ReplyDeleteI think this is the first picture I've ever seen of you. You look wonderful. Yes I can understand blocking out the face.
ReplyDeleteI love the belly picture. You belly looks bigger than the ticker belly for sure.
ReplyDeleteYou look great! Not much longer!
ReplyDelete"who can I be needy with?" -- you got that right!! enjoy every minute of the next 23 days :-)
ReplyDeleteYay! We finally get a belly shot! You look great. (The ticker silhouette, on the other hand, looks like she needs to eat a sandwich.)
ReplyDeleteThat's funny that Beanie knows when your belly is uncovered and won't move. Seamus seems to know when I'm looking down at my belly (covered or uncovered) and immediately stops kicking. Weird!
You have a VERY cute looking belly! Not much longer now!
ReplyDeleteSuper cute belly!!!
ReplyDeleteAaah - I love you belly! Cute!
ReplyDelete