I had an OB appt this morning. BP and urine are fine, and ironically my belly is measuring a bit bigger, but perfectly within normal range. It should be 30 but its measuring 31, so that is ironical given all those "so tiny" bump comments. Last night I had my first very disturbed night of sleep - weird sharp pain behind left boob in ribs and reflux kept me up tossing and turning most of the night, so I am rather tired today. OB said its common to have rib pain as they are separating due to baby pushing upwards now. But he was not concerned, so I feel better.
LFB = Low Flying Bird.
I think I clipped a bird this morning on my drive to the clinic. It came from nowhere and swooped down towards the road just as I drove up. I know I hit it since I heard a thud by my windshield. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw it drop a bit towards the road and then fly up again into the bushes/trees. Hopefully I just clipped it and its stunned but okay. I said a prayer for it and continued on. No way I could go back :-(
Yesterday I had a quiet day at home. No cleaning, no rushing around to stores buying stuff. I stayed in all day which was nice. I wrote out my Thank You cards which I mailed today and took all the baby gifts that were scattered around the living room, upstairs to the nursery closet.
This week is going to be very busy.
This evening after work my Mom and I are attending a Baby Basics class at the hospital that shows you how to diaper, burp, bathe a baby. It should be fun.
Tomorrow I have to go up North for a lunch and business meeting with a new customer so that will be an all day event, plus sitting in rush hour traffic for an hour on my way home. I have no clue what I will wear since all my maternity clothes are casual. I will have to figure something out tonight. I have a nice black wrap-around dress which will fit the bump, but not sure of footwear. Its too cold for open sandals and my pumps have 2 inch heels which I would rather avoid. I do have nice black knee high boots, but I do not think its appropriate for a first time client meeting :-(
On Wed I have two customer demos to present. Its odd that even though our VP knows I will be going on maternity leave in 6 weeks he keeps throwing new customers my way. I know he really likes my presentation style which may be why he uses me more than my other colleague.
On Thursday morning, I am meeting with another daycare. And that same evening is a second pediatrician meet and greet. This ped practice comes highly recommended BUT its far about 20 minutes so that is a bit of a con.
Exhausting just thinking about it all....but will take one day at a time.
I say wear the boots and be comfortable if they make you comfortable. If the client doesn't understand that you are pregnant then too bad.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree regarding the boots. A-OK in my mind. Glad you got reassurance on your bump size - now you can tell that to anyone who asks!
DeleteGlad you feel better about your bump...silly people and their comments!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're bump proved to be not too small. I think people are so used to seeing larger people that 'normal' probably looks small by comparison.
ReplyDeleteI got asked the exact opposite when I was pregnant - "You are big, are you sure it's not twins?" Why must people comment on bump sizes? Well, crap, now I just realized that I do it all the time! At least with women who look smaller than I ever did - though I usually frame it as "wow, you look fantastic, I'm so jealous!" so maybe that makes it better? Or maybe I should learn to just keep my mouth shut? (and look, I've just made this comment all about me.)
ReplyDeleteI'm going to third the boots - it's winter, you're pregnant, go with what's comfortable!
Busy gal! Good luck!
ReplyDelete