Happy New Year, everyone.
I hope 2013 brings us all happiness, good health and a sense of peace, hope and clarity in our path forward, wherever we each may be on this journey.
This year I have decided to be resolution-less. No resolutions at all. Each year I make several and accomplish none, so giving myself a break this year.
What I will try to do however, without labeling it a resolution, is to try to trust the universe and let things be and not try and control things.
I have to admit that I am still nervous about this pregnancy and baby's health. Not on a daily basis, but I do get moments of fear and worry. I know I cannot control anything so I am going to try to lean into it and just hope/pray for the best outcome.
Today is my last day of my holiday break.
I cannot believe it went by so fast!
Its good I was so productive at the beginning because the past few days I have definitely lost steam. But I accomplished a lot and the reason for my frenzied organizing was to try and get the grunt work done before it gets difficult to physically move things.
Last night was a nice low key evening. Went over to my sister's for dinner. We all made something, including the teenagers, and we all snacked and ate and chatted. I was home by about 10:45pm and watched the ball drop in Times Square on TV.
How did you all usher in the New Year?
And a special message to one blogger friend who got bad news yesterday. Thinking of you and sending you lots of caring thoughts.
I think I gave up on the idea of resolutions years ago. It always seemed like I was setting myself up for failure. I'm not really great on the follow through. Hopefully one of the things you will be doing if you have not already done so is set up a registry (and letting us know about it).
ReplyDeleteI'm calling my resolutions goals because there will be a plan associated and the ability to skip a day. Declaring I'm going to give something up forever is insanity (unless is drugs or cigarettes). So my goals is to work on my weight. How cliche is that?
ReplyDeleteI just noticed your ticker is showing 99 days left. You're in single digits.
I love the idea of calling it goals and have an action plan associated with it. I think we can all do with focussing on healthy living, so not cliched at all.
DeleteLike Evelyn, I have goals, but not what I would call resolutions. If I achieve them, great. If I don't, I'm not going to beat myself up about it.
ReplyDeleteYour evening sounds nice. I'm all about quiet New Year's Eve celebrations. We just stayed in and played poker and Wii sports.
I stayed up in my jammies watching the space needle light up.
ReplyDeleteLike Evelyn, I don't call them resolutions, I call them goals. One of my goals is to be healthier (thanks to the bootcamp groupon!), to be less stressed, and to be more positive. Typically hubby and I spend the new year alone at home with some tasty Chinese food and our cats. This year, one of his clients invited us to join him at a small house party. Though I was apprehensive, it ended up being a nice way to ring in the new year.
ReplyDelete