As I have mentioned before, one of the unanticipateded good things about being pregnant (unrelated to baby) is that it has given me a timeline and forced me to tackle long standing "to do" items. Administrative stuff that I always meant to get done but just did not get round to it doing them.
Towards that goal, yesterday I called my phone company to remove an Unlimited Can.ada calling feature I had on there for a couple of years. My ex travelled a lot so it made sense to have that feature, but now it does not. I have been meaning to remove that $6 charge every month but just procrastinating, so finally I decided to "clean house".
I called them and had them remove the feature and one other residential feature on the phone. The girl told me my savings would be $13 per month. After I hung up I started wondering how did the removal of $6 add up to -$13 on my bill. I have an unlimited US plan and I wanted to make sure she did not remove that.
I had a very bad experience years ago with same huge telecom co. when they billed me hundreds of dollars. So lesson learned.
I called back and another woman checked and confirmed what was removed and what I will be billed for before taxes. This amount sounded correct.
So the afternoon goes on.
I get a few calls and notice they just say Incoming Call and no caller ID. First it did not strike me, until my Dad called around 5pm and again no phone number displayed.
I realized those dolts must have removed the caller ID feature. I log into my account online and look at pending orders and sure enough -- Caller ID and Call Waiting removed!!!
WTF!!!!!
I was so pissed off. I called back and got another women who kept saying she was so apologetic I had that experience etc etc until I had to cut her off and "say thanks for apologizing but lets fix this first".
She added back the features and told me that some International Dialing feature had also been removed. No idea what that was since its not on my bill so I don't care.
After all that was done, she tried to sell me a new triple play technology. I told her my parents had it and hated it and told her all the reasons why, including if she googled it she will see lots of people are complaining about it...she was a bit taken aback I think.
Anyway, after the call was over the Caller ID etc came back.
Knowing how completely paranoid I am, I will go back into my account today to make sure my US calling is still there. Don't want to inadvertently rack up a huge bill.
I dislike working with telecom companies which is why I rarely touch my phone/Internet/long distance plans.
**********
Just got a call from the crib company rep to say the parts for the crib and changing table shipped yesterday - finally - after me hounding them for 3 weeks!
In the meantime, I got tired of waiting and we re-ordered the changing table on Sunday which is being delivered today. If the part we need is good on this new one, we will build it tonight. When I get the other part, we will put that into the new box and return the second changing table set to Tar.get.
I did not re-order the crib since its heavy and will not fit in my car to drop off, so will wait for parts from the manufacturer. I am not holding my breath that they shipped the correct color or parts...we shall see.
Hopefully we can end this saga soon.
I share your hatred of dealing with phone companies. I've reached the point where I refuse to call them anymore; I make J do it instead. I'm too easily confused by the endless varieties of plans and features.
ReplyDeleteWow. Inefficiency indeed! I work for a company that outsources MOST of our customer service calls, so nothing surprises me anymore, but it doesn't make me any less irritated by rampant stupidity. Either way, I'm glad that in the end, you're managing to get a few things accomplished! Happy ICLW!
ReplyDeleteSo annoyed with combined services myself. You rarely get what they tell you you'll get for quality and the hidden charges are ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteHoping the parts are the right colors.
Oh I've had similar experiences with telecom companies! Glad you got yours settled fairly quickly.
ReplyDeleteI used to work for a telecom company and it still bothers me the kind of customer service they give. Once I had to tell a rep how to remove a feature on my phone!!!! And then had to call back to confirm it was done properly.
ReplyDeleteHope you are able to solve the crib saga soon!
I have to say our telephone company has improved in the past few years due to increased competition. Of course, that didn't stop them from selling me a phone that didn't work at my house.
ReplyDeleteI like your assertiveness - that side of you reminds me of a side of me that can come out when dealing with customer service folks (when it's not going well or you're not receiving the service you'd like). Glad you are getting your furniture situation together, though it doesn't sound easy!
ReplyDeletep.s. I gave you an award in my recent blog post!
I don't have an issue with my telephone company (yes, I'm one of the few with a land line still) but cellphone companies? Ugh. The customer service is horrible. I don't think it matters which company you're with. They all suck.
ReplyDelete