Good news!
I passed my 28 week 1 hour glucose test. I am very relieved since gestational diabetes is a high risk based on my age.
They tested my iron levels as well and they were slightly lower than back when I was 12 weeks. The nurse did not give me the numbers, but the fact that they did not call me and I found out because I was curious about my Glucose Test tells me its not very low. They want me to take an iron supplement in addition to my pre-natal. I bought it this evening and will start tomorrow.
The parts for the crib and changing table did finally arrive today - yay!!!
I kept waiting for the FedEx truck and finally around 4pm when I went out to water my plants saw the items stacked up against the house. Why did she not ring the bell?? UPS always rings the bell.
My parents came over this evening and we built the changing table. It looks good. We will build the crib probably on Sunday. I already have the mattress too. Initially Beanie will be in a bassinet and while the crib will not be her first sleeping place since its a big job I would rather have it ready sooner, rather than later.
My baby shower is on Saturday.
My Mom is organizing it and it will be at my place since my sister created a fuss about her dog. Really -- the dog could be in the bedroom for a few hours, but whatever. My parents have a small apartment so I offered up my home. My sis is not doing anything at all, but that does not surprise me. My Mom did say she offered to split the cost but we shall see.
All I have to really do to prepare for the shower is to clean and unclutter. I am using the party as an excuse to do some deep cleaning each day. For example, yesterday I cleaned and wiped down all the cabinets in the kitchen, and today in my bathroom.
Its a good incentive to get all this stuff done before Beanie arrives since I don't expect to have any time afterwards.
Yay! good news on passing the glucose test. Glad to hear that the crib saga has come to an end!
ReplyDeleteSounds like good news and good fun. It'll be so much easier getting everything home from the shower :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your test results.
ReplyDeleteThe shower sounds fun, I look forward to hearing about it. Hope you have a wonderful time!
And yay that the furniture finally-freaking-arrived! :-)
Yay for passing the glucose test! And great news on the crib as well. Things are moving along. Baby shower already and 28 weeks! Time flies!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on passing the glucose test! Wow, I can't believe you're at 28 weeks!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a wonderful shower. It's amazing how much better baby showers are when they're your own. :)
Yeah for good tests!! Hope you really enjoy your shower, it's your day so I hope stuff with your sister doesn't mar the day.
ReplyDeleteI had to take iron supplements also. Just a TMI warning, they made me even more constipated then I already was. Eat a lot of fiber.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful shower. You'll be glad you have all that cleaning done before she arrives.
Good news all around (with the minor exception of low iron)! Have fun at your shower. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you have a wonderful baby shower and get many much needed items!
ReplyDelete