Today marks 30 weeks into the pregnancy. And while I have avoided posting weekly updates on the pregnancy out of sensitivity to my readers, I felt that 30 weeks deserved a post, if only for my own record.
Feel free to skip if you are not in a place to want to read this.
The time is passing really fast. That is something I did not anticipate. I always thought it would be slow and drag on, but nope not the case. Of course there is a lot to keep me occupied which may have to do with it.
I think the slowest part was the few weeks leading up to the 28 week mark. Now at 30 weeks I feel a bit more comfortable and each passing week will be better. The worry will always be there about growth and pre-term labour and other things, but I am able to relegate it to the corner of my mind, so it does not interfere with my enjoying the moment.
Weight Gain: At 30 weeks I am now +23lbs. Its a lb or two higher than where I think I should ideally be, but I am not worrying about it. As long as Beanie is growing, I don't care about anything else. I am still well within the 25-35lb that they have allowed me.
Symptoms: The main one still is the rhinitis (blocked/plugged nose) especially at night. I live on saline nasal spray and nasal strips. Still having trouble with constipation which will likely get worse with the iron tablets I am now taking - drinking lots of water and bit of prune juice helps. There has been increased discharge the past week or so, to the point where I called the OB Nurse line this morning. I have read it is normal, but still its disconcerting to feel that wetness. One thing I never anticipated is that I have been wearing thin pads the entire pregnancy, initially for the Crinone and later just vaginal discharge. I though being pregnant would be a break from all that!
Movement: I feel movement all the time and have since about 17 weeks. Its now much stronger kicks and rolls. I have felt hiccups on and off which are super cute. Beanie has a schedule which she tends to stick to. Some days she is much more active than others. Usually active days are followed by a more mellow day. Evenings are the most active time. She is shy, so while I can see my belly shake and move through my clothes when I lift my shirt to watch her, she stops. Unless there is complete lack of movement for a long time, I don't worry of she is quieter on a particular day than others.
Clothing: I am now in full maternity bottoms and maternity tops to go out in. I can still fit into my non-maternity tops, though they are getting a tad short.
Bump Size: I think its a normal size bump. I am pre-pregnancy size in all areas of my body including I still have a bit of a waist, except for the bump in front. Almost like sticking a bowling ball under my shirt. Everyone I meet cannot believe I am 7 1/2 months......so that makes me a wonder a bit. I will ask my Dr about it next week.
Exercise: This has defintely not been ideal and probably why the weight is creeping up. The past few times I tried to walk, my back starts to ache and my legs feel super tight, so I have had to switch to using the recumbant bike at home. I still do yoga streches daily, but not a full practice, which is probaly why my legs are always tight. I need to get back into doing my practice via DVD at least on weekends.
Nursery: The changing table and bassinet are built. Made a mistake on the crib so need to re-build it (yuck). I swear the instructions suck, I am not that stupid at least I hope not! The crib and mattress are "airing out" so that smell of packaging is dissipated by the time Beanie arrives. Still need to build the pack n play.
Now I need to purchase the remaining items on the registry and get those in-house so I can really begin organizing everything, washing etc. I got a good deal on a brand new Bumbo yesterday so that was nice.
Thanks to the two bloggers who gave me awards :-)
Aaaww this is a sweet post. I like the part about Beanie being shy. 30 weeks is indeed a milestone! Congrats! and enjoy your last few weeks.
ReplyDeleteSo glad that things are going well for you with this pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteI had the stuffy nose too! It drove me nuts & made labour even harder since I couldn't do the cleansing breaths in thru the nose! 30 Weeks! Wow! Love the update
ReplyDeleteYay for pregnancy updates! (And, for a completely unsolicited opinion - this is your blog - post what you want, not what you think your readers want. Quite honestly, the ones who would be bothered reading about pregnancy (and we have all been there) probably aren't reading anyway.)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy these last 10 weeks. They're going to alternately drag and fly by. :)