Sunday, January 6, 2013

Small Disappointment and More worries

Today my parents came over to help build the nursery furniture.

We had bought the crib and changing table about a month ago and while I was holding off building it, my Dad suggested we get started. He had a point that in case something was damaged or missing there is ample time to get it replaced.

We decided to tackle the changing table first. We take it all out, look it over to make sure it was not damaged and the haul it up to my room to build. Of course when we are 80% done I notice a crack on one of the wood panels :-( 

Not sure how we all missed it.  Its not a scratch that I could just color with a dark marker, but a thin fracture.  As a result we need that part replaced, and I can only call them tomorrow. Not to mention we will have to unbuild it first and then rebuild. Ugh!

Very disappointing indeed!

We then decided to open up the crib as well and check it out thoroughly. We found 3 pieces that had either some scrape/or uneven surface so I will get those replaced as well so we can have everything we need by the next week or so.

In other news, I am feeling a lot more anxious these days in general.

They say that the second and third trimester are the best, but to be honest the third trimester scares me the most since this is when things can go wrong very quickly. I am counting the days to get to 28 weeks so I can feel a bit better about things. And since I am watching the calendar, the days are passing excruciatingly slow and every twinge and cramp is driving me crazy. Its a huge mind shift for me because before I would really not obsess about things like that.

Also, my next monthly MFM is in the next couple of weeks, and I am beginning to get nervous again and praying that Beanie is growing properly and all is looking well.  I wish I did not have this on my head.  It has taken every joy out of the pregnancy. 

And to add to the general worry about the pregnancy, it seems that the company I work may fold in the next couple of months.  That would be really bad timing in every way imaginable.  I cannot exactly be looking for a job right now or even soon after the baby is born.  My plans of work/daycare etc are all dependent on being gainfully employed. Not to mention the worry about health insurance.

Sigh!

I am trying not to think about or let it distress me until it actually happens. At which point I will deal with it.

I have also spent the last week getting quotes to increase my life insurance. I have some coverage I bought 15 years ago which is okay if I have no dependents, but now I need to re-evaluate.

The insurance will need a medical exam. I not sure I will qualify for the best rates given I am pregnant and all my numbers will be off. But the insurance guy says that they will keep it in mind when reviewing my data, so I may proceed with it.  There are likely better rates out there, but I want to stick with top-rated insurance company and not some fly-by-night company. I may have him look at some other big insurers as well to do a quick comparison before I commit.

Hopefully all these administrative tasks will keep me busy and keep my mind of worrying about my upcoming appts and potential job loss.

10 comments:

  1. What bad timing on the job front. I hope employment insurance is an option where you live. That sucks about the furniture. You'd think the companies that produce this stuff would save money if the checked it a bit better before sending it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the job situation is just a scare and you don't have to worry about finances now. I am so glad you are pregnant and wish everything would go smooth so you can enjoy it. I also want time to fly by quick for you until the day that you get to hold your healthy and perfect Beanie. You deserve this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping that the job scare amounts to nothing and that all will be well on that front. When do you think you'll know for sure what's going to happen?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure,maybe like 60 days. I too am hoping that its just a scare and it works itself out.

      Delete
  4. So glad you decided to put together the furniture ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be very nerve-wracking worrying about your job on top of everything else. I hope that the company you work for will stay in business.
    Too bad about the baby furniture but at least you know now and can get it replaced in time for baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh not fair on the job front. Hope things work out

    I can't believe about the furniture! Thank goodness you opened them now!!

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the job thing works out, that is such frustrating timing. Not surprising with the 2nd tri that you had that worries wouldn't surface, but it's frustrating all the same!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry for all the stressful happenings. :-/ Sending lots of care to you and the little one. Good idea to do administrative stuff to keep your mind busy, and also maybe some fun things like watching a hilarious movie or going to a museum or play or getting a pedicure or asking for one from a friend? Also sending positive thoughts that your job situation works itself out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uggg....just what you need as you're getting ready to have a baby - job stress. I hope it works out OK. And I hear you on the furniture front. It seems like every time I order a piece of furniture, it arrives damaged - so annoying. We haven't ordered the nursery furniture yet but I'll take your advice and examine all of the pieces before we assemble it. 28 weeks...we're almost there!!

    ReplyDelete