Monday, January 14, 2013

So far, so good


I had my monthly MFM visit today - 27w5d.

I was (as usual) quite anxious all weekend, even though logic told me its not anything I can control.

All is fine.

Beanie is measuring on track at 28 weeks and now weighs 2 1/2 lbs which is in the 55th percentile so right in the middle of the curve, like last time.

The Doctor was happy with everything.  The placental blood flow was good which is the main thing being watched, as is her growth.  Cervix was long and amniotic fluid was fine as well.

Beanie is head down now, which seems to be normal for this time. He was a bit quiet while looking at her heart and then said all was okay.  I expected that he may want to see me every two weeks going forward, but he said every four weeks will be fine since nothing concerns him so far.

I asked him I should change my diet (e.g. more protein etc) to make her gain weight and he looked at me like I was insane.  I also asked him if IUGR is more likely to be seen now and going forward and he said yes, this is when late onset rears his head, but he did not feel the need to see me in 2 weeks.  My OB appts will now change from once a month to every 2 weeks and they will (I assume) be measuring my belly so if they feel its not growing appropriately, they could send me back to him sooner.

I also got some 3D pics of her.  A friend of mine has asked me a while back if I was going to get 3D pictures, but frankly I find 3D baby pics a bit freaky to look at and I was not going to spend for them.  The nurse today however took it upon herself to show me 3D pics of Beanie's face and printed some out. Some were odd angles with the cord across her face, but one was kind of cute.

Yesterday we built the stroller, so that is one (and only) thing built.

I am still waiting for the parts for the crib and changing table. When I called last Friday they order was in the warehouse. The first woman had said it takes about 10 days.  Really frustrating!  It would have been faster to order another one from Tar.get. I will call them tomorrow.

Hope you all had a good weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Ugh! I can never figure out how hard it is just to box up the parts and ship them out to the person that requested them. I used to work in a warehouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome appointment! I wish I could see a picture of you and also the 3D pic (but I understand why you'd not want to show them). Can't believe you're almost at 28 weeks. Sending good thoughts and hope the furniture comes through asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like things are on track. I had problems with the parts for the changing table I got too, and ended up having to have them ship parts 4 different times before they got it right. It was frustrating. At least your getting it done now, I wanted until the week before she was born - big mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We both had ultrasounds today! Those 3D images are a little weird, hey? It was fun seeing his features though - they were super clear in a couple of shots. I'm glad all is well. Hope your furniture arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good appointments, by the sounds of it. It's good news that the MFM Dr doesn't need to increase the frequency of your visits, shows he's not too concerned.

    ReplyDelete