Trying to keep busy and not think too much.
I think I am being able to do that to a larger degree. The human body has an amazing ability to cope with bad news, and I have been a lot calmer the last couple of days now that I have had time to process. No more crazy googling and I can go hours without even thinking about the situation.
Again I think its just the body's way of coping since obsessing 24/7 is not sustainable. I still have moments of panic at what may be, and sadness and anger at the sheer bad luck, but its what it is, so I have to deal with it.
I don't have a choice.
I am trying to keep busy.
On Wed I went for early voting. I had no idea that such a thing even existed, but my Dad told me so I went over around 12pm and there were only 15 people in line so got done really fast. Glad I got it out of the way. Last year I went on Election Day and it took a long time.
After voting I went across to a children's park. I had visions of taking my child there, so instead I went by myself and talked to Beanie and we sat by the lake for a while watching the ducks.
Today since it was quiet at work I got the car washed. Poor thing was looking all miserable and badly needed vacuuming. I gave her the high end treatment including getting the wheels cleaned and now she looks sparkly.
My yard is being dreadfully neglected but luckily most plants are getting dormant anyways so no weeding etc to do. I have not been really good about watering either. I am wondering of I should get pansies for my window boxes this winter as I do each year or leave it be. They do give a nice splash of color during the drab winter months.
I also bought a bunch of fruit from the grocery store. I have been eating badly the past week, comfort food mainly, so its back to eating fruit. I actually bought veggies to make a veggie/bean soup this weekend, it will be my first attempt at home cooking since becoming pregnant.
I also bought some fresh flowers.
Yesterday I went for a walk. It felt good. I had stopped for about week after the CVS and for some days after the amnio, but now I want to get back to it. Tomorrow I will do yoga at home with a prenatal DVD.
It sucks being in limbo.
I had hoped those days were behind me, guess the curveballs never stop when it comes to me :-(
Still praying that the amnio is conclusive, whatever the result may be.
Still praying that it is conclusive that you and your little girl are all clear and the future will be what you have pictures. Sending love and prayers.
ReplyDeleteI haven't bought fresh flowers for myself in ages. I used to buy them at least once a month. Keeping you and your little girl in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDelete