Thanks once again, ladies, for the kind words of encouragement. Knowing that there are so many of you out there thinking of me and wishing me well makes me feel so much better.
I am doing a bit better today given the circumstances. I think I have had time to research, read message boards and let it all sink in.
Last night I went over to my parents home for dinner. It felt good to be around them, they are so calming and kept telling me to stay positive and take one step at a time. I felt a lot better and not as manic.
Came home and googled obsessively until about 1am. Read many cases of false positives and inconclusive results on CVS, its about 1-2%. Most had good amnio results.
So, I will just wait it out and try not to let it consume every minute of every hour.
The two things I am fervently praying for are:
1) I can do the amnio on Friday. I have it scheduled but the amniotic sac membranes need to be fused. If they are not, I will have to wait another week. Praying to God that its fused and baby cooperates, so I can get this done. I will be 15w2d so there is a chance that it could not. The GC did mention that caveat, but the Dr felt it would be okay which is why he suggested that date and not next week. Of course, until he visibly sees it he would not know.
2) That the amnio gives me clear, conclusive results. I don't want any "we did not get enough fluid" or "it did not grow" or worst of all "we think it could be a problem but cannot confirm" type result. That would majorly suck!!
But given how things have gone so far and the bad odds I have had with all this, I am sure I will have issues with both #1 and #2 :-(
Everything going as planned would be too easy, right?
And we know nothing is easy - not getting pregnant, not staying pregnant and apparently not having a healthy pregnancy either.
Anyways, all I can do is just plod along.
One day at a time.
In other news, my belly has visibly shrunk it seems to me. It much less that last week and I have no more odd stretching pains either. Weird! I know that I have barely eaten anything since Monday evening so could be that. I have lost about 1lb in weight. I tend to lose my appetite when under stress.
I did get a fairly good night's sleep last night and have a bit more of an appetite today. I am trying to drink lots of water to make sure I have enough amniotic fluid.
Glad you're doing a bit better today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the next steps go smoothly for you. You desperately deserve something to go right.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your parents are there to help you in this waiting period. I am too very hopeful that everything will be OK but I absolutely hate that you have to go through this uncertainty now, you should be enjoying this! Thinking of you. Big big hugs!
ReplyDeletePraying for a Friday amino & conclusive good news results for you.
ReplyDeleteHoping that Friday goes well and all this is just a horrible mistake. Thinking about you.
ReplyDeleteHoping for some good news for you.
ReplyDelete