The fun weekend which started with an ice cream treat for Beanie after school on Friday, and over the next two days spending lots of time playing in the park, taking walks and shopping very quickly gave way to not a great start to the week.
Monday at about noon my cellphone rings, its her teacher. Of course, my heart jumps with fear. Nobody likes to see the daycare number calling since its invariably not good news.
I was told that poor Beanie had a fever of a 100+ degrees and was crying and inconsolable, and that I should come get her. I dropped everything I was doing (which was working) and went over, alerting my Mom of what was happening.
When I went to the daycare, the kids were outside playing and Beanie was being held by a teacher. Her head was on the teachers shoulder and she looked asleep. The moments he heard my voice she woke up and started crying pathetically and came to me. She felt warm. She valiantly tried to act normal and say bye to some friends and motioned that she wanted to pick up some rocks like she normally does, but I carried her straight to the car.
On the way home she fell asleep and slept for almost two hours. My Mom who is such a trooper came withing minutes of us arriving home and kept an eye on B while I got back to work. I had a big presentation that afternoon. I spoke with the nurse who told me to just keep an eye on the fever and manage it with Tylenol. I decided if she was not better on Tue AM, I would take her in.
That evening and night her fever hovered around 101.7. She slept very badly as did I and my Mom who sweetly offered to stay the night. But her fever did break early morning and by 8am it was down to 99 degrees. After one dose of Tylenol she was fine the rest of the day. Eating well, playing etc....no fever at all.
That meant she could go back to school today!
Last night she still slept badly even though she did not have a fever. She kept waking up crying every hour or so, I figured it was either teeth since she was drooling like a faucet or her ears. Anyways this morning she was fine and went to school where she did okay. I did notice a rash like thing in her diaper area in the morning, and figured it may be the beginning of a yeast infection due to the fever.
After I picked her up at 3pm and was giving her a bath at home, I noticed she had a slight rash on her legs. I mentioned it to my Mom who had come to babysit Beanie. My Mom did not really see it. Beanie has really sensitive skin so its hard at times to make out since her skin gets read and blotchy with even the slighted thing.
Later when my Dad came at about 6pm my Mom said "you know, she does have a rash". I looked again and sure enough it was there (small red bumps) and much more visible in the daylight. They still appeared to be only on her legs.
I decided to take her in to the pediatrician. They are open until 7pm and we got a 6:50pm appt! I figured lets get it done today rather than doing it in the morning.
Beanie had a bad meltdown at the Dr office as usual. I feel so bad for her. She gets really anxious. I was able to keep her calm in the waiting room, but the moment the nurse opened the door and called us, she lost it. It was a struggle to get her weight and impossible to her her height.
In the awful white light of the doctors office, I saw that she had some rash on her tummy and arms too, so basically all over. Anyway the pediatrician said that she has a viral rash (not measles which was my first thought). Everything else looked fine - chest, ears, throat. It was not Strep which can cause a rash also. No medication needed, it will get better in about a week....
...and...
...she can go to school.
Yay!
I say that only because having Beanie at home, unscheduled, for two days, sort us threw us off kilter. If its weekends or holidays I can schedule my office work, household chores, errands accordingly, but this week I have a very heavy work load so its been insane. Plus trying to fit in my daily chores of groceries etc that I would do when Beanie is at school.
Anyways, I got caught up on a lot of stuff today so hopefully the rest of the week will go smoother.
Just glad that Beanie is back to her normal happy self and hope we get some sleep tonight.
Awww, poor Beanie. I'm glad the rash was not serious and she's doing better. Hoping you both sleep well tonight!
ReplyDeleteI never knew that about a rash. So glad it isn't worse.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad she is feeling better and that she gets to go back to day care. :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that Beanie is feeling better and that it wasnt worst. Take care of yourselves.
ReplyDeleteIt's never easy when your kiddo is sick. Glad it wasn't more serious & she was on the mend quickly.
ReplyDelete情人成色文學小說
ReplyDelete情色聊天室
色情聊天室
成人聊天室
奇摩女孩視訊聊天網
台灣甜心視訊聊天室
漾美眉視訊交友聊天室
一夜.情情色聊天室
成人免費視訊聊天室
破解視訊聊天室