Literally!!
Beanie jumped out of her crib his morning, and surprised herself and me!
I put her in the crib when I am getting dressed and she plays in there quietly (or screams, depending). Her crib is in my room. I always lock the gate on the top of the stairs when
we go upstairs and shut my bedroom door whenever we are in the room just as a precaution.
The past week or so I have seen her hitch her leg over the bar, and I figured I needed to lower the mattress to the lowest level (sob - my baby is growing up!). It was my "to do" list for this weekend as I thought I had some time.
Nope!
Today I put her in there while I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth. She was playing there quietly and then I hear a thud.
At first I did not react since she loves chucking heavy stuff over the side of her crib, such as, her musical seahorse or laptop.
But on an off chance I peeked out and I see her standing on the floor between her crib and mine, happily picking her binky off the floor!
WHAT!
She was no worse for wear. Obviously, she landed on her feet since she did not cry or make any sound.
I just stared at her.....and my first thought was "how on earth will I ever take a shower now??" - lol.
Luckily she has taken a sudden fancy to her baby "bouncy" seat that is still in my room and was quite happy sitting in it in the bathroom while I got ready.
So I guess the mattress will get lowered in the next day and until then Beanie cannot be in it!
In other news --
After I came home from dropping Beanie and was eating breakfast and working, I heard another big crashing sound (yes it was a day filled with sounds!). I though perhaps my purse had dropped off the table but it had not. I went back to work and did not think much of it. Around 11:30 I wanted to go run an errand and I try to open my garage door and it will not open. I see that the cable is broken and laying on the floor.
S***.
I SO did not need another house issue!
I called the home warranty company and then the contractor and the soonest they could come out is tomorrow morning. So I was stuck in the house. Since the cable is broken it cannot be opened manually either. I had to call my Dad to come in the afternoon so we could transfer the car seat and pick up Beanie. Tomorrow my parents will drop Beanie to school while I wait for the contractor. He is to come between 8-10am. I have always dropped Beanie to school - always - so I am bummed about not being able to!
Looks like in addition to the cable the spring is broken too which is not covered by warranty. Ugh!
Why does it seem like the house stuff just keeps coming? It would be nice to get a break. Beanie is now the master of her universe and may be almost impossible to keep "someplace safe" right now. Good luck, Mom!
ReplyDeleteI'll bet your folks are going to enjoy dropping her off though.
ReplyDeleteOh my! Climbing out of her crib?!? She's growing too fast!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pain about your garage door! Hope it's fixed quickly & relatively inexpensive.
Beanie is growing way too fast now. I can just imagine your reaction seeing her out of her crib.
ReplyDeleteOh and house issues are completely unnecessary in my opinion!!!
I think I would have passed out with her climbing out of her crib! How is she growing up SO fast?
ReplyDeleteThe house issues just suck.