Just realized that Sept 5 was the one year anniversary of Beanie starting daycare.
She was 22 weeks old when she started going twice a week for about four hours. I was such a nervous wreck but she got used to it immediately and I think she really liked going there.
I am glad (and lucky) that I was able to do the whole transition very gradually and I think it helped me and her adjust - first twice a week, then three times a week and finally at about one
year old, five days a week, but always for no more than 6 hrs. Even now she is
only going from 9am-3pm.
Also, pushing off her start date by a couple of months was good since by the time she was ready to go ,I was too. I knew she needed that extra interaction and activities that they were providing.
Now at 17 mos when I drop Beanie at her new school she just walks up confidently, gives me a wave and a small smile and is off without a look back! She is getting very confident especially around other kids and older kids. I am told she seeks out the older kids in school (4-5 years old) and interacts with them which even her teachers think is rare for a 17 month old.
In other news I am very disappointed today :-(
We had planned a weened trip, my parents, Beanie and I, to visit my niece in a town about 2 hours away. I was so looking forward to it. It was going to be our first road trip with Beanie. We had hoped to visit the zoo and see the botanical gardens, but the weather report was bad with thunderstorms and rain predicted the entire weekend so we had to cancel. I did not feel comfortable taking Beanie on the road if it was going to be stormy and we could not have had much fun if it was going to be wet.
I had taken a day off toady so I could pack for the trip. With the trip getting cancelled, it ended up being a mental health day. I took a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day since Beanie was in school and did some odds and ends but not too much.
We have bee sleeping well the past couple of nights. Beanie sleeps almost 8-10 hours straight on many nights which is great! Of course, it could all change tomorrow, but I will take it for now :-)
Hope you have a nice weekend!
Sorry you are going to miss your trip! That sucks. Things sound good overall, though. That's great that Beanie is sleeping so well and doing so well socially at school. She sounds like she feels secure.
ReplyDeleteSorry you've missed your trip but a mental health day sounds almost as nice.
ReplyDelete