Beanie calls shoes "hoofs"...which I have to say is the most adorable thing I have EVER heard!
Of course she does not know that horses have hoofs, but its so darn cute when she hands me my "hoofs" or goes looking for her "hoofs". I try to keep saying back shoes, but I have to admit sometimes I call it hoofs too since it sound so adorable!
She has now started using the slide in school. My baby is brave. They have playtime with the older kids and she was really interested in what they were doing on the slides. This is a smaller slide than for the 5-6 years olds. Her teacher showed her how to go up and held her hand coming down once and the next time she did it all by herself.
I felt so bad that I missed it but her teacher sweetly took some great pics and texted them to me. Then today when I went to pick her I saw her come down the slide and my heart swelled with pride. At 17 months she is the youngest from all the 30 kids in the school! She saw me and came to peek through the fence to say Hi. I asked her "were you on the slide?"...and she says "ya" and runs off to show me how she goes up and comes down -- TWICE!!
Ah what a wonderful moment!
I was also informed that she got into a scuffle at school. Some boy lunged at her and she got some marks on her face which had gone by the time I picked her up. She started crying but still decked the boy hard enough that the time the teachers got to break up the scuffle he was flat on the ground! Bet he will think twice before picking on my Beanie.
She has been talking at night.
Its quite hilarious really. One nights he was saying " No, mine...no MINE!", then another night it was "More, More". Last night was the funniest, she was saying "ee ya ee ya yo" as in the Old MacDonald song with a smile on her face. I just had to bend down and kiss her cheeks and she just giggled in her sleep:-)
In the morning she wakes up and says "Mama, Mama, up, UP!
She is fascinated with the street light outside which she calls "eye". And gets so excited when it comes on at night when it time for "nigh nigh". In the mornings she rushes to see if its still on.
Elmo is "Mo" and she loves that her diapers have Elmo on them. This morning I had a clean diaper on the bed with Elmo, so she grabs it and hugs the diaper and goes in a corner and lays down cuddling "Mo".
My Mom has got her an Elmo toy but we are waiting until the weekend to give it to her.
Oh, she sounds just precious! I love this age! Sweet, sweet girl.
ReplyDeleteSo much sweetness. :) And good for her for standing up for herself!
ReplyDeleteI love hearing about B's personality...she's so precious! & a tough cookie too!!
ReplyDeleteWhat great little memories to keep forever. She sounds like she's got such an inquisitive and fun personality (I just love the sleeptalking)!
ReplyDeleteHoofs... that cracks me up.
ReplyDelete