Thursday, September 25, 2014

I need a drink!

Its been one of those days.

Started off well enough but at about 1pm all hell broke loose at work. I had my CEO calling asking me to change direction on a project for which I had 15 people scheduled on a conference call 60 minutes later. So there was all these emails, Skype sessions etc going back and forth within our company, people agreeing and disagreeing on things -  midst all that I had to take another 20 minute call, so literally 5 minutes before the meeting started we had a new game plan!

I was so stressed out simply because of the timing. If this has occurred yesterday or earlier today we would have had some breathing room.

So with all this drama going on by the time I got to eat lunch it was past 3pm, by then I was on another call. I had already told Beanie's school that I would be picking her up late today since I had calls until 4pm.

When I came back from picking up Beanie and had given her a bath, my Mom announces that water is leaking from the cabinet below my kitchen sink.

What???

I really do not need ANOTHER house issue!

So I rushed down to go to look at it. Its sopping wet inside the cupboard. I removed everything, dried it all up and the tried to check where the water was leaking from. By then it was 5:30pm so my Dad came over and we investigated further and determined it leaks when the garbage disposal is run.

The good news is that I can still use the sink, the bad news is that I will need a plumber to come in and take a look and if course tomorrow is Friday!

My Dad decided he wanted to research it online, and we figured we would make the call tomorrow. Not sure if I want to call the warranty co or my own plumber.

It never ends!


In the meantime after much painful deliberation I finally decided which paint company I will use to do the outside paint job on the house. I paid 1/3 of the money yesterday to book them. Its a huge chunk of change but needs to be done. I am seeing a bit of wood rot here and there and I need to address it now. The house was last pained 7 years ago so its due.  I used my Gap card so hopefully should get a ton of reward dollars to spend in the store.

Beanie is still not 100% after her sickness last week. Has a a slight cough which seems to be worse at night. She has her 18 month check up on Monday so will get her looked at. I am totally stressing about the visit, since I know she will get agitated (and I mean screaming/crying to point of almost retching) and this visit includes shots, so I am already dreading it. I told Beanie this evening that we need to take "puppy" to visit Dr H, and she went a few shades pale and silent and shook her head no.

So yeah, been a crazy day!

3 comments:

  1. Really bad day! Hoping things will be better soon and your house won't have any more issues for at least a year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your epically bad day! The work situation sounds totally crazy making! And yuck about more household stuff. :( glad your dad is there to help. Hope Beanie's doc visit isn't too bad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry the day was so stressful. :-( I definitely understand house stuff. I hope Beanie is feeling better and that her doctor appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete