Today is one of those days when you cannot wait for it to be over. I don't usually have days like this, and I blame it all on my PMS.
It started badly enough with Beanie waking at 7am, when I could easily have slept another extra 45 min. I am to blame since I slept at almost midnight last night which was a bit too late.
Then I forgot I had put sugar in my tea and put it again making it too sweet so I had to throw it and make another cup, which is no big deal, but annoyed me today. I also think I have developed a habit of having a second cup of tea around 9:30am after I come home from dropping Beanie, so my body is used to that second shot of caffeine. Today I did not have it and was dragging all morning :-(
Then while doing laundry Beanie proceeded to throw the clothes around and kept coming into the bathroom as I was trying to bleach some of her bibs. I ended up having to put her in the pack n play which she was not happy about.
My Mom came over and I went for a massage which was wonderful while it lasted but made me even more tired. Came home and put Beanie in the pool on the deck so she played there. Things started to improve and I felt very bad for having raised my voice at Beanie a couple of times in the morning. My Mom said she missed me while I was at the massage and kept kissing a photo of mine. That made me feel even worse :-(
We had a nice nap and the evening went quite nicely, but then came bedtime and things again went downhill.
She insisted she was read for sleep at 7:45pm which I very much doubted since she had a really long nap in the afternoon, but I went for it and 40 minutes later she was still not asleep. I was starving so I had to leave her half awake and come down to make my sandwich. I barely ate two bites when she was back up. I was so over it by then that I just let her sit there while I ate and then I took her in the playroom to pay a bit. She got tired and finally slept at close to 9:30pm.
I am tired and annoyed and plan to get in bed soon.
Ugh, she just woke back up...sigh, the 18 mos sleep regression seems to be hitting early for us!
It seems like it would almost be harder to go back to horrible sleep after having become used to sleeping again. I hope she went back to sleep pretty quickly tonight. Be gentle with yourself. You are a good mom and deserve time to yourself and to forgive yourself when you lose it a little. :-)
ReplyDeleteOkay so I know what I have to look forward to next year. Feel bad for you.
ReplyDeleteOh I don't miss the sleep regressions...though I know I still have more in the future, I'm sure! Hang in there
ReplyDelete