Friday, September 26, 2014

I need a drink (Part 2)

So after the crazy making day yesterday, I come back from dropping Beanie this morning and get ready to jump on a training call only to see that my wireless connection is dead.

Ugh, but no worries a quick reboot will do it.

Not this time :-(

My modem/router was dead.

Arggggggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Again all this is happening 15 minutes before a 2 hour training session I am conducting. I call my colleague and tell her she may need to do this....get on the con call line and tell the customer what is going on.

I had the option of jumping in my car and going to Target but they decided to cancel since they had too much going on on their end so were happy with 2 hrs of work-time.

I headed to Target to get some work done and about noon went looking for a modem. Saw one but decided to check out WalMart.

Did not see anything better priced so back to Target and made my purchase. Came home (its almost 2pm), I am starving but food can wait.

Try the damn thing, it will not work.

I go back to Target and chat with the guy and finally figure out I need a DSL router/modem combo, which they do not have.

CRAP!!!!

I come back home, suck down two Advil coz my head aches, text Beanie's teacher that I will pick her up an hour later, swallow some food and head out to Staples.

There I find what I think I need.

Come home, plug it in and FINALLY I am online at 3:30pm.

Crappy day again....but its Beanie's half birthday so I am looking ffd to picking up my baby.

Mommy needs some extra hugs today!.

2 comments:

  1. Rough day! I hope you got that drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me appreciate our IT department a bit more. I hope the day turned around.

    ReplyDelete