Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mobility!

Beanie is on the move!

I would not call it proper crawling, more an army crawl. But today (10/6/2013) she clearly get from Point A to Point B.

Let the fun begin :-)

Today I built her the play yard in the living room so she can crawl around and yet be contained while I cook or wash bottles etc.

I also removed the bassinet feature of the pack n play and moved it from the living room to the dining area near the kitchen, so now she can sit in it and play there as well and watch me while I am in the kitchen.

When she is supervised, we are letting her crawl around of course to explore her surroundings.

I am a bit worried with her on the hardwood since she cannot quite sit up herself (she is trying) so it makes me nervous to have her crawl on it in case she flips backwards while trying to get up from laying down.

Once she can get from laying to sitting it will be much better.

She is gong to have so much fun in daycare once she is able to fully crawl since there are a ton of fun toys and play areas that the other crawlers seem to be having a blast with.

I better get started with baby proofing! I have got all the plug points downstairs but need to get working on cabinets and eventually the staircase.

How exciting!

Oh and yesterday was my 2 year blog anniversary. Thanks to Nell for encouraging me to blog. I really did not think I would have anything interesting to blog about, yet here I am two years later now chronicling my journey as a Mom.

Thanks for following along :-)



6 comments:

  1. Has it really been two years since our first contact? wow! It's amazing how quickly babies develop. She will be full-out crawling and then walking and then running before you know it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogaversary! And go Beanie :) what a fun milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2 year anniversary! Wow, so excited to hear that Beanie is starting to crawl... they grow up so fast. Next I'll read she is off to college...LOL! Love to read about those milestones. Happy baby proofing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for mobility! & Happt Blogoversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blogoversary!

    And holy cow, it doesn't seem possible that she should be mobile already. It's so fun when they start to explore their world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet she walks early too.

    Happy 2 years.

    ReplyDelete