Monday, November 11, 2013

Update

Thank so much for your kind words and prayers.

Unfortunately, my Uncle did not make it and passed away last night EST. We were told things were very dire and he may not make in another 12 hours, but when we had not heard back all day we got hopeful. My Mom spoke with my Aunt last night and she said he was still the same, no change so we got even more hopeful that maybe the worst had passed. But apparently 15 minutes after they hung up my cousin's husband called from the hospital to ask them to hurry there. They did not make it in time.

The saddest part is the my young nephew was stuck in China where he works due to the typhoon and flights being cancelled and was not able to get to be with his Dad the last couple of days. I can only imagine how hard it must have been for him, given we were in such a state ourselves.

When the call came, Beanie was fussing so I was in my room with her on my shoulder. My Mom can in tears and told me but I had to take care of Beanie. It was so sad to hear my Mom sobbing in the room next door. If you recall she lost her sister last year and my Uncle was her baby brother, so now she is all alone. My grandma passed away 4 years ago.

I called my Dad and told him to come right over. Earlier when he called with the news my Mom told him not to come, but I know she needed him. I did not want her to be alone crying. So he came and at least she was not alone while I attended to Beanie.

We are all in shock. He was only 60 years old. My Mom spoke to him a week ago. Apparently he fell sick around Wed with flu like symptoms, went to the Dr who gave him antibiotic injections, by Friday he was not better and his BP was low so they admitted him to ICU with septicemia, 3 days later he passed. Nobody knows what infection it was that spread so rapidly. But they do know that he was not responding to any treatments.

Its just so sad! Luckily my Mom got to meet him earlier this year for my cousin's wedding, so at least she had that good time to look back on. At the airport when they were parting, my Mom was crying and she said my Uncle too......maybe it was sort of a premonition.

In other news, Beanie is doing okay. She has not had a fever since Saturday and is more alert and playful albeit very fussy and clingy. She is not eating too well but is otherwise okay. her cough is still there but I guess we have to ride it out. I made a game of the nebulizer so after the initial day when she screamed her head off seeing the mask, she is more open to having it near her face now.

I have picked up the bug too and have been coughing away.  My Mom insist I go see a doctor today since she is completely freaked out after what happened to my Uncle, So I will go later today. I took the day off.





6 comments:

  1. Hoping that you are feeling better and that the doctor was able to help out. Sorry about the loss of your uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear about your uncle's passing and hope you and your family can cope as good as you can with this loss. I'm relieve to hear that Beanie is doing well. I'm with your mom, go to the doctor. I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you and your family. I do know how hard it is to lose someone close. I am glad that Beanie is feeling better and I hope that you get over this illness quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry! Get well soon and healing thoughts for your family as they grieve (we lost an uncle suddenly a couple of years ago and it is still hard for my mom, her siblings, and their mom).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wanted to offer my condolences to you and your family. Sounds like a shock, and a true loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I'm so late in offering my condolences. Your mom has had a lot of loss in the past few years; I'm glad she has you and Beanie to ease that.

    ReplyDelete