Thanks for your condolences. It means a lot during such a difficult time. Regardless to say its been a rotten ten days with everything that is going on.
Beanie is still not fully recovered. On the good side, she has not had a fever for over a week. I took her back to the pediatrician on Friday for a re-check after giving her three days of Al.buterol treatments for her slight wheezing and her chest and ears were clear. So that was great news and she is getting her appetite back and is her normal happy self.
The downside is that she still has a terrible cough and invariably coughs so hard at times that she vomits or lets out a heart-rending cry. Its horrible to watch/hear and I feel so bad for her. Of course its always the worst at night, so my awesome Mom has been sleeping at my place for almost 10 days now. She too caught the bug :-(
I feel like I have failed Beanie by putting in in daycare and subjecting her to the awful virus. She was not sick a single day for the first 5.5 months, but has had something or other every since she started daycare. I am wracked with guilt and am seriously considering pulling her out and getting a nanny until spring. RSV increases the odds of a child having asthma and I feel horrible that I may have made my healthy baby sick. I know she loves the daycare and now that she is crawling - yes today she officially crawled on her hands and knees - she will have so much fun with all the fun stuff. I am so torn!!! Not to mention I have to look at my finances as well since having a nanny is not cheap.
To add to it I have been sick too with a bad cold which now seven days later seems to be settling in my sinus. I am sick of being sick, too. This is my second cold in two months. Its ridiculous!
So anyway thanks for letting me vent. Its been really tough and I am hoping that poor Beanie recovers quickly.
I am so sorry you are having to go through this. How awful. I hope that you don't beat yourself up about the choice to put your daughter in daycare.
ReplyDeleteMy experience with my daughter, now almost 29 months, is that after a few sicknesses in the first few months as her system adjusted (she went in at 3.5 mo's), she has been remarkably healthy. If you choose to leave her in there, it might well even out...at least it did for us...and she has been thriving there ever since!
Wishing your household a speedy recovery,
Tara
I missed the sad news about your uncle. I'm so sorry for you and your whole family's loss. Such a hard loss for your mom, especially.
ReplyDeleteIt's pretty normal for kids to be sick nonstop when they're in daycare, unfortunately. And then for mom to be sick, too. Like Tara said, they do grow out of it. But it's so hard while they are sick! That being said, having a nanny is wonderful, if you find the right one, and worth every penny. But it is expensive!
I've had a cold/ sinus crud for several weeks now and I know how miserable it is. Generally (based on the daycare at the school) once the babies build up the immunity (yes, requires some illness first), they do well. Don't feel guilty. It's better to do that now than once she's in school. My thoughts and prayers are still with your family.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you've had such a rough time lately and I'm very, very sorry for your loss. The daycare/nanny decision is such a tough one - just know that whatever you do, you are doing the best you can for your baby. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry. I can imagine the conundrum you feel about who should take care of Beanie. I cannot imagine having to deal with my little ones being sick (healthy, they are sometimes more than I feel like I an handle and that first flu/RSV season had me on pins and needles with them being preemies). Hang in there and I hope everyone gets and stays well soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry things have been rough lately. You shouldn't feel guilty about putting Beanie in daycare and her being sick. Like previous posters said I think it's normal and she will eventually adapt. It sucks that you have to go through all this though and I wish speedy recovery to baby, mommy and grandma. Hang in there.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about your uncle. What a terrible shock for all of you.
ReplyDeleteAll I can do is echo what everyone else has said about Beanie's illness and daycare. Don't beat yourself up over it. I hope she's back to her normal, happy self soon.
And on a happy note....way to go on the crawling, Beanie!
影音視訊聊天室
ReplyDelete視訊聊天室
視訊辣妹
104meme影音視訊聊天室
ut視訊
0401影音視訊
免費視訊聊天
視訊軟體
uthome視訊聊天
558168視訊正妹免費玩