This really has been an amazing week filled with important milestones.
And today Beanie turns four months old!
We are right in the middle of the four month growth-spurt/sleep regression/"wonder week"....call it what you may but its been an exciting and challenging few weeks.
On the development side, its been wonderful to see her now being able to roll on to her tummy, grasp at toys, a couple of days ago she found her feet, she can understand command such as "look at the fan" and "put binky back". She also turned the pages of a book. I love seeing what new thing she will learn each day, and its fascinating to see how babies develop. She is smiling and laughing a lot which is so cute to see and hear. She responds to her name and can recognize me from across the room, and has eyes only for me when I am around her. She loves getting lots of hugs and kisses which I shower her with all the time.
The challenges have been the sleep regression (multiple night wake ups) and general fussiness at naptime which is very unlike her. Lots of drooling and spitting up due to teething and eating frequently to the point its almost like having a newborn again!
Apparently Week 15-19 is a huge mental development spurt and all this is fairly common, so we are just riding it out day by day and giving her lots of cuddles and reassurance.
My favorite times of the day are the mornings when we wake up since she is always in a great mood and we have fun playing and cuddling. And bedtime which is super fun getting her ready for bed. We have our nighttime fun games while getting ready and she is usually cracking up with laughter.
Luckily she still conks out to sleep easily at night by about 8:15pm.
The whole sleeping-on-side has now turned to sleeping-on-tummy and is an ongoing saga. While I don't have issues with her sleeping on her tummy, when she does so after eating she spits up so it makes me nervous to have her do so after the night feeds. I have had to cave and put her in her rock-n-play a few times at night for a couple of hours. I don't like doing it but it gives us both at least some rest. Otherwise at the slightest movement I am up to check on her, not to mention that if she wakes in her tummy she gets frustrated. I have the angel monitor but it requires a plywood thing to put it on....not sure where to get one.
She has also got her legs stuck through the crib slats. So yesterday I put a breathable bumper around the crib so she does not get her legs trapped.
The upside to all this sleep stuff is that we were able to stop the swaddle "cold turkey" about a week after she started rolling over, so we are done with that - yay!
We have a pediatrician visit next week, and I looking forward to asking him a LOT of questions.
This morning my parents, Beanie and I went for morning walk to the park with a lake. Then tonight, we had a small celebration. Got some yummy Italian take out and had my parents over and took pictures. My Mom bought Beanie some new outfits.
It was nice!
Mornings were always my favorite time too. I loved having her cuddles with me. Now the morning cuddles have turned into gymnastics on Mommy's bed.
ReplyDeleteEven the fussiness doens't seem to faze you too much with is great for both of you.
ReplyDeleteGo to home depot or lowes and ask if they have any scrap ply wood you can have. If not, tell them you need a piece roughly 12" x 12".
ReplyDelete午夜裸聊聊天視頻
ReplyDelete午夜聊天室你懂的
晚上寂寞的女人的qq群
夫妻做愛視頻
手機裸聊直播室
色女生的qq群
女主播福利視頻大全
色情夫妻群QQ群
女主播全裸爆乳玩裸聊
午夜美女福利直播間