Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Pain in the Neck

Ugh!

Woke up at 3am with a really sore neck. Guess last night I slept in a bad position and being in an semi-comatose state with exhaustion, wrecked my neck.

I had to take Beanie to the pediatrician this morning for the remaining two shots of her 2 month regimen, and had to request my Dad to drive us, since I cannot look to the left.

Not much to do except take painkillers and hot compress.

I did get a refill of my muscle relaxant - have not taken it since getting pregnant and it had expired. But there are mixed things online about breastfeeding and that medication - basically unknown - so I will hold off unless I am in total agony. In which case I will "pump and dump".

In better news...

Beanie is doing great. Growing like the proverbial weed - weighing in at 14 weeks at 14.12lbs and 25 inches!!! 

Holy moly --- she is at 90% for height and 85% for weight!

We met a new Dr (new to me) and went over all my questions including cradle cap. We have got rid of it from her crown but now its on the front of her head. Its slow going but I know we will win the battle eventually.

I asked about reflux, since I think Beanie has a lot of the symptoms, but since she is growing and not fussy all the time (she was all smiles with the Dr), they don't want to give any medication. I am fine with that as long as she is not uncomfortable, and its not causing her harm.

Oh and the sleeping...remember I thought she was beginning to sleep through the night...

Well, that was short-lived.

Its been really rough the last two nights!

Not sure if it a growth spurt (its GOT to be) but she is up every.two.hours.to eat!

I am exhausted!

I had got used to getting 2-3 hr chunks of sleep, now I am lucky to get 45min-1hr before I have to get up to put binky back or just settle her since she is fussing in her sleep.  Plus she is not napping much - which has always been a problem. 

I am hoping this is just a phase since it feels like having a  newborn again. She seems okay on so little sleep and is as playful as always.....maybe she can just survive on little sleep?  That is what the Dr said today  -- sigh!

Right now I have her swaddled and in her crib and she has been napping for 1:15hrs...so hoping she stays asleep for a while longer and get some rest.

In other news....

Saw the same four turtles in a rows on the lake yesterday. I think they are either sleeping on the log, or having a 10am conference everyday ;-) Too funny.

We are having a wet 4th of July so nothing much planned.  Maybe pizza at home with my parents. My sis has not come by to see Beanie, or even asked about her, in about 2 mos....that is a WHOLE other post!

Happy 4th everyone!

4 comments:

  1. sorry about the lack of sleep! i got some mustela shampoo gifted to me that addressed cradle cap, totally worked; i also had to use baby zantac for one of my twin's reflux, saved the day (& night)! the kid was much more miserable than your daughter it seems so three cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird coincidence. I woke up with a kink in my neck this morning too. I'm lucky, mine is leaving.

    Beanie sounds like a healthy girl. I hope she starts sleeping a little more though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your neck pain goes away soon. You've seen a lot of turtles lately!

    ReplyDelete