I got my period today!
WTF??
I thought you could not get it while breastfeeding? Albeit, I am not exclusively breast feeding, but I am covering about 60-65% of feeds.
I got to tell you I got such a shock this afternoon when I went to the bathroom.
Now I know why I have been feeling a rather stressed and "under pressure" the past week which is my classic PMS symptom.
Plus my supply has been low and after a quick Google search I read that it supply tends to go low while you have your period but should build back after its over.
Not sure about that.
It may be that I am coming to the end of my breastfeeding days :-(
I will doggedly continue with my Mot.her's M.ilk tea and am thinking of adding back Fenugreek. It made Beanie gassy when she was a newborn, but she may tolerate it better now at ~17 weeks.
I will also put in a call to my OB tomorrow to see what they say.
It made me snigger when I thought about what it signifies - my aged ovaries actually spat out an egg!
A year or so ago as I was cycling, a period would have made me sad since it could have been my "one and only viable" genetic egg going down the drain (literally).
But now with Beanie in my arms, I could careless.
It is so freeing!
It could be the most healthy, most viable, most perfect egg in the world....but it will still not be a match for my Beanie!
We had a fun weekend - well.... challenging and fun.
Beanie has now started rolling on her tummy as I mentioned so all night long for the past few days, I am up "fixing" her position since she gets stuck on her tummy and cannot flip back.
And by all night -- I mean literally all night -- every 35-45 minutes it seems like!!
On Sat we were up at about 6am after having hardly slept. Even though her eyes are closed as she fusses, I am sure Beanie does not get great sleep either -- poor baby.
So, at 8am we set out for a picnic. My Mom joined us. We picked up Mc.Donalds breakfast and went to the library where they have a nice park and a fountain. I was expecting that area to be quiet being a weekend, but it was packed with folks meeting up to go running/cycling etc. It was nice sitting outdoors and once Beanie woke from her nap we strolled to the fountain which she found fascinating.
We then drove to a park I found which has a nice lake and walking path, so we got out and walked a bit. Then came home and while my Mom watched Beanie, I went for yoga. It was a great workout although I felt myself falling asleep when I closed my eyes!
Last night we did better. At about 2am, after waking up for what felt like the 100th time, I decided to put her in the Pack n Play for a couple of hours so we could both get some sleep. Later I brought her into bed with me, so we got some good stretches of sleep.
Today we spent the morning running errands and relaxed at home the rest of the day.
Hope you had a nice weekend!
Sadly, aunt flow can definitely visit while you are still breastfeeding. You got a nice long break though, my son was only 7 weeks (and exclusively breastfed) when I got mine.
ReplyDeleteI got my period after about 7-8 weeks. I thought it was because I was pumping/formula feeding but from the comment above, I guess it can happen to anyone.
ReplyDeleteI got mine back at 9 months with exclusive nursing and continued to nurse for another 13 months after that. I only had a dramatic dip the first month. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend. Mine was spent alone with my niece's dog (so not really alone). It was more enjoyable than I anticipated.
ReplyDeleteI'm so envious at all your blogging! I'm unsure if my lack of posts is due to fatigue, no desire, or what, but I miss it! Having said that, I love reading about Beanie! I'm so glad to hear she's doing well, growing and happy. I'm curious as to why you won't let her sleep on her belly? Is it a fear of SIDS? Our pediatrician told me that once H can roll both ways or one with way with excellent head control it's okay to let her sleep how she wants. I'm curious if your pedi might have told you something different? H rolls like crazy but she never rolls in her sleep, which I think is funny. I guess she just prefers her back! Keep posting, I love reading!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Angie, just saw this comment. Reason is that Beanie tends to spit up on her tummy, so it worries me if at night she spits up and puts her face in it. I have our 4 mos pedi appt next week, so will ask. The last apt she was not yet rolling.
Delete美女視訊影音
ReplyDelete視訊聊天交友
視訊美女
173免費視訊
金瓶梅視訊
live173影音視訊live秀
live173影音live秀-免費視訊
live173視訊影音live秀
173視訊聊天
173視訊