Sunday, August 4, 2013

Week in Review

Its been a busy week...

Last Sat we were invited to a Pam.pered C.hef party and I decided to attend and take Beanie along. I am trying to take her out and about more so she gets used to getting into the car-seat, riding in the car, and see different places and meet people.

We had a great time. I was nervous taking her since she has been really fussy lately, but she was amazing. She sat on everyone's laps, was all coos and smiles and even took a nap in my arms without fussing. Everyone was so impressed and she got a lot of compliments! 

The best compliment was being told that she looks "happy and healthy" - those are the best things one wants to hear about one's baby!

Thursday was Beanie's four month check up and shots. She measured 27 inches tall (99%) and 15.12lbs (79%).  I think the height is not right since she was 25in about a month ago and it seems doubtful she grew 2 inches in five weeks...but I am sure she is 26" +.

We are staggering shots again, so she only got 2 of the four. Next two will be at 5 mos. She was fine afterwards and did not show any signs of discomfort.

She has also be allowed to have cereal - so we have officially graduated to solids - yay!!!  I have not started her yet but will do so in the next week or so and am hoping it will help with the sleep.

The sleep regression is still going on with Beanie waking every 2 hrs to nurse. I have been really tired with only 45 min stretches of sleep at a time. Its crazy, but I am not alone since it seems very common at this age. Friday night was better, which has help re energize me.

Naps are still a struggle. She does not nap and now goes down crying. I have been offering the boob in desperation, which I know is sending the wrong message but she is too small still so hopefully no bad habits are forming. The Drs office says to let them cry now for 20 min, but that seems way too much to me. I am sure it will get better.

She did sleep a good stretch last night on her tummy, so she is being able to do so. I am trying to let her settle herself down at night (with some shh/pats), as long as its only whimpering and no outright crying.

Today I have a massage which I am really looking forward to!

5 comments:

  1. I'd be looking forward to a massage too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you probably remember, sleep was a struggle here, too - still is some days. I did offer the boob a lot for sleep...I knew as I was doing it that it was going to lead to trouble, but it was worth it. I just couldn't do the cry it out thing, either, even for 20 minutes.

    Hope you had a great massage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoyed your massage. I love reading your post because it seems like you are adjusting so well to your new life with Beanie even when things aren't always smooth. I hope sleeps and naps settle soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing longer stretches of sleep for you and Beanie! I can't even tolerate my baby screaming for 2 minutes, let alone 20. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete