Time is passing really fast. One day just blends into the next and before you know it I will be back at work.
Beanie turned three weeks old yesterday.
Another week and she will be one month.
Each day her newborn looks are changing into those of an infant. I weighed her yesterday, she is 9 lbs and some of her footed jammies are getting short.
Not to mention the Swa.ddler newborn diapers are getting very snug around her thighs. Luckily I have other newborn diapers that are slightly bigger so hopefully she will grow into them quick so we don't have messes.
Today was an important day since her belly button scab fell off.
It happened this morning.
I changed her diaper and lifted her nightgown and saw it attached. Then about 10 min later my Mom was holding her and decided to check her diaper and tells me "her belly button fell out!"
We looked around searching for it and found it on the bed. I have put it aside for now. Doubt I will keep it....seems a bit gross.
Then to add to the drama of the day. Beanie messed up the bigger diaper and had leakage so had to be changed again.
And since things happen in three's....
While I was pumping and Mom was holding Beanie we hear a hissing sound from the master bath. My first though was the bottle steamer, but I realized we were not heating the bottle. My Mom goes in and calls out to me in a panic - the toilet is spewing water.
I disentangled myself from the pump and within 30 sec the bathroom floor was flooded. Thankfully it was not sewage, but water. I closed the thing at the bottom of the toilet which controls the water and it stopped spurting. Then we laid down towels to dry the tiles.
I got really lucky. If we had been downstairs we would not have even heard it and it would have seeped through the floor/ceiling. My Dad came by later and replaced the part, so saved me some $.
In other news....I have hired a nanny for the summer.
Its the daughter of an acquaintance who has experience with babies and infants. Her mother happened to visit to see Beanie and in passing was talking about her daughter being free in the summer. I immediately asked if she would be interested in working. My Mom made me offer more than what was the market rate, so the girl jumped at the chance. But it saved me the hassle of signing up to an online site, setting up interviews, and getting a stranger into our home, so I am glad it worked out this way even if its pricier.
I shed a few tears the other day, time is going by so fast. Try to enjoy every minute!! Hope pumping, feeding and gas issues are going well!! :)
ReplyDelete3 weeks already?!!? It sure does seem to be going by fast!!! What a relief that you found a nanny you'll trust for the summer!!
ReplyDeleteI'll bet her belly looks really cute.
ReplyDeleteI feel bad that you have to be thinking about going back to work already. Maternity leave is too short in the US.
Wow a lot has happened. Hoping that the nanny is all you could have wished for in a person to help you take care of the Beanie.
ReplyDeleteShe's growing so fast!
ReplyDeleteVery glad you found a nanny for the summer! Are you going to have a nanny full time after the summer is over, or daycare?
Daycare is what I am planning for after she is about 3+ mos old.
DeleteTime goes by so fast. Hard to believe you're even thinking about having to go back. Glad you found someone to watch her who isn't a stranger. I had to go through one if those sites and I felt so uneasy about the whole thing.
ReplyDelete