Monday, April 22, 2013

Keeping it Short

I have so much to blog about but no time to do it.

Beanie keeps me really busy and how the morning turns into night I don't even know.

Of late she is not sleeping most of the day. It is good in that she has figured out her days/nights, but with her being awake/alert for 5+ hour stretch at times leaves me even less time to catch up with any chores since I need to keep an eye on her. I thought babies slept most of the day...well, not my muchkin.

Today we went to get some "newborn" portraits taken. It was an adventure. She cried and cried initially but then quieted down enough for us to get some good shots. Thankfully the photographer was really patient. I am sure it was a bit traumatic for little Beanie!

Lots more to say, but since Beanie is asleep I better get myself to bed before its feed time in another 1:30hrs.

She tends to get really "vocal" at night - grunting and making all sorts of weird loud noises which have me waking up to check on her every few minutes. I am getting more familiar with her noises so I am able to tune them out somewhat.  Early mornings are the roughest since that is her "poop" time so she is even more vocal. She does not like to poop!!  The past two mornings my Mom has found me bleary eyed at 7am, ready to hand Beanie off to her so I can get an hour or so of sleep.

But overall I am doing pretty well on 3-4 hours of broken sleep a night. Much better than I had thought.

5 comments:

  1. My 7-month-olds can't stay up for 5 hours (Aidan has maybe once and Ashlynn - never)! That is definitely not the norm for an infant.

    I hope we can see some of those newborn shots. :)

    Good luck with the pooping. I have noisy poopers too and we fight constipation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had the chance to update, always good to hear how you & Beanie are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear from you and Beanie. Newborn portraits are precious, glad to know you had the chance to take them. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait until you get 6 hours of sleep that isn't broken up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, you're lucky that Beanie has already gotten her days and nights figured out! Go Beanie!! Glad to hear you ladies are doing well and hope those newborn pics were everything and more!!

    ReplyDelete