I think there has been some progress with the breastfeeding/pumping.
Yesterday after another heart-wrenching episode of Beanie's gas, I decided to put her on formula exclusively for the weekend. It was not worth seeing her discomfort. The gripe water did help the first day but then she still struggled to rid the gas.
In the meantime I have upped my Fenugreek dosage, started pumping more consistently, eating oatmeal and drinking Mother's milk tea.
As you can see I am trying...
...and I am seeing better results.
I am being able to pump 2-3 oz each session. Now it will still need to be topped with formula, but the output is better.
Having her on only formula for one day made a huge difference in her gas and validated that it was the fenugreek causing it. Today we will continue with formula also.
Sarting tomorrow I will stop the Fenugreek completely (I have used it for 8 days), get back to nursing her....and hopefully wean her off formula over the week. I will need to feed her a lot more frequently but it will all be worth it.
So long as she can get even 50% breast milk I will be happy. I would love to be 100% BM, but if that does not happen I am not stressing it about it.
Today I am home with Beanie alone for the first time.
My Mom has gone back to her home for a few hours. I figured I should get used to it just being Beanie and myself without having my Mom around :-)
Good luck! I hope the gas stays away!
ReplyDeleteYour strategy sounds good. That would be really hard for me to - watching her struggle. Glad you have a sense of why it's happening and can try and change things up. Good luck on your first day home with her by yourself; I look forward to hearing about it. Sending good thoughts! :-)
ReplyDeleteI hear breast feeding is quite stressful. My BFF really struggled and did her best to feed for six months.
ReplyDeleteIf I ever get the chance to breast feed I'll have to remember that about the Fenugreek causing gas in babies.
ReplyDeleteSounds like great progress!! You're doing great!
ReplyDeleteI'll be curious to see if her gas stays away. We had horrible gas way before fenugreek. Glad you're seeing progress!! Glad pumping is going better, too….its hard work!!
ReplyDelete173視訊聊天交友網
ReplyDeletelive 173 視訊聊天
173liveshow視訊美女
live 173影音live秀
173liveshow視訊
ut視訊聊天室
live173影音
live173影音
live 173
live 173