Sunday, August 17, 2014

Nigh Nigh

These are Beanie's latest words this weekend :-)

It is so cute the way she says it. Although she does not always mean it!

This afternoon she went Nigh Nigh...and I asked her if she wanted to sleep, she answers "nigh nigh"...so I take her up hoping to get a nap.

Nope!  She sucked down her milk and was back up fr another couple of hours!

Tonight I was not falling for it!

So at about 8pm, when she put her toys away and started walking off towards the stairs I asked , "where are you going?"...she says "nigh nigh". I felt like asking her "are you sure?" but didn't.

We went up and all the way up she kept repeating "nigh nigh" - so darn cute!  And miraculously she did fall asleep.

We don't have much of a night routine although one is slowly developing. She normally bathes right after she gets home from school, around 3:30pm so I have never bathed her again at night. But a couple of weeks ago she got a bad diaper rash so I ended up sitting her in a tepid bath with baking soda in the evening after we were done playing outside. She seemed to enjoy it and I was not as rushed as when I bathe her since I invariably have a  work call at 4pm so its pretty quick and not time for loitering.

The evening soak gives her time to play with her toys and I only fill the tub a bit, just enough to soak her nether regions but its not a full bath. After that we play on the bed, get into jammies and go down for the night time bottle.  Usually she has it in her rock-n-play while I eat, but many times if I feel she is tired I give it to her in bed and have my dinner later.

This seems to work but we don't always get time to do a bedtime book. So I need to start incorporating that back. We did it for ages when she was a baby.

Today she had her milk downstairs and as she was drinking her milk and I was eating my soup, my eyes glanced around the house.

It was neat and clean, the kitchen was tidy, dishes in dishwasher ready to go, the laundry was done-folder-and put away, Beanie's lunchbox was packed, and for one minute I felt "wow", I really have things in control" ;-) 




5 comments:

  1. You know what they say about being careful what you say? ;-) I'm glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great feeling! What a great way to start the week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can imagine how adorable Beanie might be when she says nigh nigh! Wow, I'm amazed at how you are able to keep things in order with a toddler. It's just me now and I can barely keep up with housework!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having things in control? What's that like? lol

    Very sweet that she's now asking to go to bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those rare but perfect moments when everything is just as it should be are so wonderful!

    Nigh nigh - I love her!

    ReplyDelete