Sunday, August 24, 2014

Banking and Pool Fun

On Saturday my Dad and I took Beanie to open a bank account.

She has gift checks from her birthday in March just sitting around and I wanted to get them deposited before they expired. We went to the local bank. I don't have an banking account there, but I do have my mortgage with them. My Dad banks there.

Beanie was wearing her little hat and her shorts and sandals, and as soon as we entered the ladies behind the counter upon seeing us (Dad was carrying Beanie) said in almost unison "OMG --- what a cute baby!!!.  Beanie was was quite curious upon entering the bank since I told her we were going on an "adventure" which she loves, but on hearing the loud voices of the girls she started bawling,,,

...and bawling!

I felt so bad for her and more so the ladies since they were just complimenting her. Beanie tends be shy and too much attention gets her upset. She is very much unlike me in that regards. I love being the enter of attention - heck, I am a Leo so that says it all :-)

Anyways, I took her from my Dad and she clung to me like a baby lemur and it took a while to calm her down. I think from her perspective she may have thought it was a Dr's office. It did not look like a store and the furniture and layout was not what she sees anyplace else.

Anyways she soon was fine and was happily scribbling on a piece of paper with a pen. The lady opened the account was pregnant with twins!

Beanie behaved really well for the 40 some minutes it took and was calm enough later to go to the counter with me and and hand over the checks and cash to the cashier.

We then went to get some ice cream but since it was only 10:30am the ice cream shop was closed :-( Apparently they only open at 12pm - who knew.

We then came home to have some fun in the pool.


If you recall I had bough a kiddie pool in the beginning of summer and Beanie used it a couple of times and really enjoyed it. After that it just got left by the wayside because it is invariably storming in the early evenings when she gets back from school or the weather has just not been idea for being in a pool. On weekends, we are normally out doing stuff so again we don't get the opportunity.

My Dad suggested doing it in the morning on a weekend and Sat was perfect since it was quite warm. It took us a while to get it cleaned since it was laying outside for several weeks, but once it was all clean she got into it.

She had a blast playing with her toys and splashing about. My Dad and I relaxed watching her had some tea. It was so nice!

Then Beanie wanted a snack so she ate it while sitting in the pool. I have a small plastic basket that I put her bath toys in which when turned over was a perfect table for the pool and she put her bowl of puffs on and and sat enjoying her snack.

It was so cute!






3 comments:

  1. It does look very cute!! :-) Poor Beanie to be so scared by the bank. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cute. Her hair a nice reddish cast like mine did at her age. Some day when my little one is old enough we'll be doing the same with setting her up her own bank account. We did start her 529 already of which I'm glad I remembered to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Beanie is so adorable in her kiddie pool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete