Sunday, August 10, 2014

New Words and a Birthday

Beanie seems to have had a bit of a language explosion this weekend.

Within a span of a couple of hours yesterday she said "puppy", "tea", "dark" and "cook". Then today she was watching my next door neighbor mowing her lawn and repeated the lady's name - Sandy.

In addition she is running around the house saying "Daddy!" "Daddy" (sigh). Maybe she hears me calling my Dad that?  Its kind of funny, yet sad, because its time like these when I wish she had a Daddy.

Today is my birthday.

It was a nice relaxed day.

I had initially made plans of taking Beanie to the aquarium and just having my parents over in the evening. . But my niece made it a  point to mention that she was in town for my birthday - she is usually at school, so I knew I wanted to do something to include her otherwise she would be disappointed. I decided to have a dinner party, and invited my sister, BIL, nephew and his girlfriend as well. 

The morning was spent lounging around the house. I nixed the idea of the aquarium during the week, since it would have been too much for Beanie and me, given the party in the evening. Then I thought we would go for breakfast, but the morning Beanie was sniffling and I just did not feel like rushing so we stayed in our PJs until about 11am and then went for a drive with my Mom to a nearby town. Of course, Beanie fell asleep in the car, so we drove back without stopping, giving her time to nap, Then we went to Pet.co where she had a blast looking at the kitties and ferrets. 


I had kept the dinner invite casual since I was not sure who would make it. Well they all did - including my sis who was actually on time and stayed the whole evening.

Turned out to be a really nice evening. Beanie had a second late nap so even though she has a cold she was rested and in a good mood. Within minutes of everyone arrival, she was able to point to who was whom.  She played with my niece whom she has met several times this summer and is getting comfortable with her.  She then played with her tea-set and showed off her toys to everyone, which is great since she tends to be shy.
 
My sister actually interacted with Beanie which was nice to see. My BIL played peek-a-boo with her and Beanie held out her hand to him when he was leaving, so kissed her head as he did at Christmas (so sweet!).

We ordered in Thia food and I got some nice gifts.  As they left in their cars, Beanie waved goodbye. 

I am happy that we all got to hang out. Its rare that everyone is in town. And I know my Mom felt nice seeing my sis interact and make an effort with Beanie.






7 comments:

  1. Yay for word explosion! Happy birthday my sweet friend. I'm so happy you got to spend it with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!! It sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I'm glad that everything came together with your family tonight – that's awesome. The description you gave of Beanie interacting with them was really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday!! I'm glad it was a good day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday. I'm glad to read you enjoyed a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Sounds like a great day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Belated Birthday! Oh wow so many words in one day.

    ReplyDelete