We had a really nice and relaxed weekend.
Went shopping yesterday which did not go all that great since Beanie is now, not just wanting to walk the moment she enters a store, but wanting to pull things off the shelf at every opportunity she gets. So I was just trailing behind her putting things back. I did not get to do any shopping but did manage to grab a cute sweater for her. Later we went to my parents and hung out, played in the yard and got pizza for dinner (for the adults).
Talking about the sweater, she liked its so much that this morning she insisted on wearing it over her pyjamas, then brought her sandals to wear as well. So, I had this pyjama clad toddler with sandals and a formal sweater wandering around. Too cute! I am buying 2T/3T clothes for her since she is quite tall.
Today we went grocery shopping in the morning. I rarely take her to the grocery store with me. I either go when she is in daycare or later afternoon when my Mom comes over. Anyway, today I did not have too much to buy and so we went. She loved it and was so intrigued by all the colors, etc. She was smiling all along and she actually enjoyed sitting in the cart. As she gets older it will be fun taking her there more frequently and showing her the fruits and veggies I buy so she gets familiar with them.
It was a nice sunny day, so after putting away the groceries I decided to take Beanie to get her first ice cream. At first she was not too thrilled, but after a lick or two enjoyed it. It was just plain vanilla and the store gives it free to kids below 42 inches in height, so it was free. It was so odd being at an ice cream place. I cannot even remember the last time I had ice cream, probably several years ago! I did not have any myself today either.
Oh and funny story...remember in my last post I mentioned that my TV was acting funny. Well, I had done some googling initially and seen some U-Tube video but whatever they guy was suggesting was not a menu I could find on my TV. Anyway on Friday, just on an off chance, I googled it again and this time saw a YouT.ube vidoe that was for the same type of TV. Turns out the Brightness was set to too low...........I increased it and - low and behold - all that weird green color was gone.
I don't have to tell you WHO messed with the remote! The little stinker :-) I was planning on taking it to Gee.k Sqaud on Monday! Needless to say the remote is off limits now!
Oh and another highlight of the weekend was waking up at 8:15 am today !!! Yay! Its the oddest thing but on weekends Beanie wakes REALLY early, as in 5:45am or 6am :-( Its been driving me crazy since on weekdays when we have to go to school, she will wake at 7:30am sometimes even 7:45am! So today was a lovely surprise to wake after 8pm.
Overall it was a relaxed weekend. We hung out and played at home a lot as well. Beanie is so much fun to be with - always making me laugh. This is also the first weekend in a VERY long time when I am actually feeling rested before the week begins.
Oh my gosh, that is so funny about the remote! :-D I'm glad you figured it out. Glad she enjoyed her first ice cream. How did you stay away from ice cream for several years? I try to stay away, but it keeps pulling me back. ha
ReplyDeleteLOL kids do that. Not looking forward to when Little E decides she wants to play with the remote for our tv.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a nice relaxing weekend with beanie! I can't wait for those weekends with this little one. Hugs!
ReplyDelete