Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Upside and Downside

I am doing a lot better. Took a day off yesterday and was back at work today and felt quite normal, except being extra careful with food.

The upside to the ordeal:
  • Dropped 2.5lb in 24 hrs - that is one way to do it (just kidding!)
  • My colon is clean as a whistle.
  • I have found a clinic run by my physician group that is open on week days until 8pm and on weekends from 8am-8pm. They see adults and babies. Great to know if Beanie or I need to see a doctor after work hours or weekends.  They never charged me a co-pay on Sunday so I will be interested to see if it shows up as an Office Visit or Urgent Care which is OVx3.  Last time I had been there was in 2011 and they charged me OV only. Back then they were only open 4 hrs on Sat/Sun so the extended weekend hours are great.
The downside:
  • I am back to square one with having to rebuild my milk supply again :-(   I had just got it back to normal after the dip since I got my period and now this happens. My Mom thinks I am the most persistent breast feeder in the world since I absolutely refuse to give up. So its back to lots of  pumping, drinking Mother's Milk tea and all other things to re-build my supply. 
Thanks for your concerns and well wishes.





6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that weight loss in 24 hours! Glass half full, right? :) And I am sure you are one the of most persistent breast feeders in the world, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was quite the ordeal! Glad you made it through. Sorry for having to rebuild your supply - sending good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. Keep taking care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on this - so sorry your wonderful birthday ended so horribly. Glad you're feeling better - and I hope your supply gets back up quickly!

    ReplyDelete