I cannot believe its been over a week since I last posted.
Monday Aug 19th, Beanie was initiated to solids. The pediatrician had suggested rice cereal but I have been reading up about arsenic content in rice since I became pregnant and I do not feel comfortable giving her rice cereal. So after much deliberation, scouring message boards and Google, I decided to go with organic oatmeal. There is a small chance of gluten allergy with oats, so I made sure we started on a Monday at 10am giving us a full day in case there was a problem.
My parents came over and we took a video. Beanie loved the cereal and was all smiles for the camera. At one point she grabbed my hand and stuffed the spoon in her mouth! So cute!!
She seemed to have tolerated it well. So yesterday I gave her some again in the morning. I made the mistake of giving it after a feed and she ended up spitting it all out. The spit ups continued all day yesterday. It could be a variety of reasons one of which being teething and the copious amounts of saliva she is producing. Regardless, while she seemed no worse for wear and was her usual playful self, it was upsetting to me (and my Mom).
I did not call the pediatrician since I have called in the past and as long as she is acting normal, gaining weight, not in pain and she is not spitting out the entire volume of food (which she is not) they don't do much about it.
Today I did not give her any cereal and she was better in the morning, but again spitting up some after about 4pm. I have noticed that after eating Beanie is very active, even if I put her on her rock n play or bouncer (no bounce). She starts talking/singing and waving her arms and pumping her legs and laughing and invariably all that "jostling" ends up in a spit up! I tool her to Tar.get this evening and we bough 10 more bibs given we are going through them pretty quickly with the constant drooling and increased spit ups.
I do think this is all related to teething. I can see two bottom teeth showing through her gums. They have not cut through yet and it could be a couple of months before that happens. I did buy the Hylan.ds teething tablets yesterday so I have them on hand.
We have our next apt in a week or so, I shall ask again about this again.
In other news....
I have had a lot of annual medical appointments the past month - eye exam, dental cleaning and today my annual physical. The dentist says that I am grinding my teeth so wants to sell me a $300 mouthguard ! Plus she thinks I may need another crown soon on a molar that had an old filling that is showing some wear. Yup -- l like I will be having her do my crown again!
In eye care, I need to (sadly) move to progressive lens :-( I am far sighted anyways so wear glasses and now have the "mid 40's" reading issue. So I need to get new frames and new lens. I better get my act together before my prescription gets too old. I tried out a new optometrist this time, he is very nice but very high end. He only carries high-end frames like Chanel etc. The frames I liked in the 5 min I spent looking at his selection were around $400. Yup, like I am going to spend that much on frames - NOT!
Exciting that Beanie is starting solids. Sounds like she likes them but her tummy is a bit too volatile at the moment! Teething is exciting too! Sorry about dentists and glass expense but good that you're taking care of yourself. I hear you on the $400 frames - that's insane.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteMy niece spit up a lot when she was a baby; it used to freak me out. It does end thankfully, but it always bothered me.
ReplyDeleteH is spitting up a lot these days too. It's slick like saliva so I haven't worried too much about it. I'm so glad to hear Beanie is doing well!! We've been doing solids for about a week (consistently now) and H loves it! It's so fun to feed her. Glad things are going well for you both, keep blogging, I enjoy the updates!!
ReplyDelete免費視頻找女人聊天
ReplyDelete私密直播_美女現場直播
視頻交友 床上直播
美女免費直播網站
qq愛真人視訊
真人秀場視頻聊天室
網愛聊天室
午夜交友聊天室
聊天室哪個黃
色內衣秀全透明秀視頻