Today is my birthday and I have had a most fantastic day so I had to blog about it for posterity.
Needless to say the best part of it was waking up to my baby!
Last year on my birthday I was pregnant and in the midst of getting good betas. I felt so hopeful that it would result in my take-home baby. But just the fact that I was pregnant was something to be celebrated.
This year I have Beanie, who gave me the wonderful gift of a good night's sleep last night - lol!
We spent the early morning snuggling, reading emails and taking calls from friends and family. Then my parents came over to take us out to lunch. We decided on lunch since dinners get difficult with Beanie's schedule. We took pictures and a video (I bought myself a video camera), then set off to a Mexican restaurant.
I think Beanie was surprised to see me a lot more dressed up than normal, so she kept her eyes on me all day. So cute!
Lunch was great. Like last year I could not have alcohol (still nursing). Well, I could have this year and "pumped and dumped" but I choose not to. The waiter was a sweet young kid who overheard my Mom tell me something about it being my birthday so after our meal he asked me if it was my birthday, wished me and said he would like to give me a complimentary dessert. So nice! So he got me a yummy flan.
After we got home my Mom offered to take care of Beanie and suggest I treat myself to a mani-pedi.
I jumped at the opportunity. the place was not busy so I got in immediately and got a cute purple color on my nails. The girl doing my nails had heard me mention Beanie about a month or so ago to another girl. She asked me about her and was surprised that she never saw me pregnant, but that was because I did not paint my nails during my pregnancy due to the toxic stuff in them. Now I do my toes now and then given its summer, plus the pediatrician and my OB said that hardly anything like that goes into breast milk.
Anyway she asked about my "husband" so I told her I was a SMC and she was very intrigued. She is 40yrs, divorced for about 4 yrs and has been thinking about it too. I told her "if you are keen to do this then do not waste any time".
After I got my mani-pedi I came hope hoping for a nap since Beanie was down, but of course the moment my Mom left she woke up. So we played in bed for a while.
In the evening my parents came over to open gifts since we did not get time in the morning. I ordered in some pizza and we had a lovely evening.
I got great gifts!
My Mom bought me a small bouquet of roses from Beanie with a card that read "Happy Birthday, Mommy" (cue tears of joy!). My parents gave me a purse and jewelry. My niece gave me a cute black/while peplam top, and my sis and BIL bought me earrings and generous gift card to Ch.icos . My sis texted me this morning and left a really nice message around lunchtime. She is out of town this weekend as is my BIL and niece.
Later my nephew and his girlfriend came over for cake and played with Beanie who was showing off her vocal skills.
Now she is in bed after a really busy day.
And I am just chillin' and savoring the last few hours of my birthday!
Sounds like a GREAT day! Happy birthday!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! You've definitely had a great day - let the joy continue through until your next birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day in which you received the attention and fun you deserved! And your first birthday with Beanie is very special. :-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!! Sounds like a perfect day
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday! Looks like you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteHappy belated birthday. Sounds like a perfect day.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fantastic day - Happy belated birthday!!!
ReplyDelete戀戀激情視頻直播間
ReplyDelete美女視頻秀聊天室
午夜聊天直播間網站
裸聊開放女qq號碼
微信裸聊的號碼
兔費色情視頻直播間
免費在線裸聊qq號碼
一對一隨機視頻
微信深夜聊天群
國外24小時直播真人秀