Its been quite a week!
On Wed, we took Beanie for her two month check up and shots.
The little poppet has grown! She is now 12.5lbs and 24 inches, so 88% for height and 83% for weight. Little wonder she no longer fits 0-3mos clothes since they are all too short. She is still in Pamper Level 1 diapers so far.
I had a ton of questions for the pediatrician reg. burping, feeding, pooping and spitting up - fun! All is normal even of it seems quite abnormal to me.
We decided to follow a delayed schedule of vaccines, so she got two shots and the oral rotovirus. The other two shots she will get in 30 days, since Month 3 there are no shots scheduled. Next set are at month 4.
This way we can space them out, plus I get the opportunity to see the ped again in another 30 days should I have any questions.
I gave Beanie some Tylenol after we got home as a precaution. She was really cranky all evening due to tiredness but refusing to sleep. Today she has slept a lot and this evening I think her leg was sore since she has been crying and not settling down. I gave her some Tylenol so hopefully she will be better tomorrow. Poor baby :-(
Today I went to the endodontist I was referred to by my dentist to check out that crown that is still not quite right one month later.
He did a root canal - of course! Why did I think I could walk away with a "no, you don't need a root canal" response.
When he went in, he saw some stuff draining from the root which he thinks could be gunk from my sinus. I did have a lot of sinus pain for many days after the crown procedure and I am convinced that all the drilling aggravated my sinus. I could not take a decongestant since it reduces milk supply so I just grinned and bore the pain. Now I am wondering if it was all sinus-referred pain and not the tooth related at all.
I asked the endodontist that question, but he felt it was still the tooth.
Whatever!
Anyway because of this "drainage" issue, he could not finish up today since it was "wet" so he did some temporary job and I need to go back in 2 weeks for him to finish up. That is the right thing to do....
...still....
I am SO PISSED!!!
This saga is never ending. Its been going on since Apr 23 when I first went to my dentist for the crown work.
Now after this guy gets done, I still have to wait a bit before I can go back to my own dentist to seat the permanent crown. And hopefully she will do a good job and I will not have issue with that.
Plus since this guy is a "specialist" and out-of-network he is several hundreds of dollars more expensive than an in-network dentist. The in-network endodontists are further away from my place, and now with Beanie and with work, I don't want to leave her for 3-4 hours while I go and get all this done. Since this guy is literally across the street and very convenient, I decided to go with him and pay the extra $$.
Anyway I have to take a boatload of painkillers for the next three days, so I had to call the Pediatrician's office to make sure I can still breastfeed Beanie, which I can, thank goodness.
My anesthesia has worn off finally 6 hrs later, so I guess I should pop a pill soon before the pain kicks in :-(
The delayed schedule for vacines sounds like a better idea. Poor baby and poor mom too. Dental work is not fun.
ReplyDeleteSounds like Beanie made it thru her shots fairly well...hope she's back to 100% soon.
ReplyDeleteI certainly don't envy your dental work! Yuck! Hope it's all finally over soon
Good stats on lil Miss Beanie! She weighs almost exactly what H does, and she's a full inch longer! Isn't it amazing how fast they grow?! Glad to hear she did well with her vaccines. And sorry about the dental work, I don't envy that! Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear the dental work is so difficult, on many levels. I want it to be over for you, too!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a good choice with Beanie's delayed immunization schedule. Yay for awesome growth stats! What's her latest developmental milestones? It seems like you've shifted so well into being her mom. :-)