Saturday, May 11, 2013

An awesome find and OB Vist

Today my Mom, Beanie and I decided to go to shopping to one of my Mom's favorite department stores.

Last time we were there was for our portrait session and Beanie was not in a good mood so we did not get a chance to browse around much. I did buy a cute outfit for her and a pair of red sandals for myself in the 10 min we had before her meltdown.

Today it was all about Mom doing her shopping and I just wanted to browse the kids section. I ended up buying Beanie a pair of adorable white shoes to wear tomorrow for brunch, a creeper, a long onsie and a set of 6 white dress socks from 0-3mos size.

I also bough myself a tangerine skinny ankle-length pants - no idea what I will wear it with but it was too cute to pass up.

Anyway the parking lot outside the store is having construction so its closed off. As a result we needed to drive around the shopping area to get to the store and we passed a kids consignment store. I did not even know it was there!

We decided to visit there after we were done with the main shopping.

Wow...what a great find!

It was really big and open and had tons of things in really good condition, clothes, toys, books, furniture, etc. The shops closer to my home are small so its difficult to move around in them, especially now with a baby in tow. We did not have much time to browse, but I picked up several items pretty quickly, such as, footed sleepers, pants, etc.

Beanie is really long so we are now wearing 3-6mos clothes, simply because the others are not long enough. I have a ton of onsies that I had washed before she was born which she has not even worn and already outgrown. I expected that to happen which is why I did not want to shop too much early on especially newborn stuff, but my Mom sort of guilted me into it.

Anyway I will use this consignment store for her everyday home wear stuff that she can spit up on and outgrow with not much burden on the wallet. I had already been to Tar.get this week and bought her several things, so she is set for now.

In other news --

I had my 6 week post-partum check this week.  I am good to go and can go back to normal activity, including yoga. They will re-test my iron levels and let me know if I can stop the pills. I cannot wait - they are making me so constipated:-(

I am really happy with my recovery and weight loss. I dropped 21 lbs in the first 3-4 weeks and today I wore a pre-pregnancy pair of jean capris which fit perfectly, so I am thrilled. Anyone I meet cannot believe I had a baby 6 weeks ago.  In fact at my 2-week appt at my OB, the nurse commented too.

I am still 7 lbs over my starting weight, but that should go once I begin exercising in earnest. Here is a before and after --

Night before Beanie was born - 37w5d (caption on pic is incorrect)


4 Weeks Post Partum

9 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe the difference 6 weeks makes! Good for you! But I admit, I totally love the big belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big difference. Good for you on the weight loss. You truly were eating smart during the pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great before and after! I am almost eight months out and have not regained my pre-pregnancy body. My weight loss stopped when I stopped pumping.

    Yeah for the consignment shop find. I get most of my stuff used. The sad part is how little you get when you sell them the stuff you no longer use/need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're looking amazing! I think I can only dream of dropping weight that easily after my little guy is born. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really do look great!

    Congrats on the wonderful consignment shop find! A lot of areas also have big consignment sales twice a year, spring and fall. I've found some great things at those, and I usually shop on the last day during the 50% sale and so gets tons of stuff for very little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look amazing in the post partum pic but you look amazing in the night before pic too. It's obvious you were in great shape during your pregnancy.

    I think you should write a post about your exercise regimen and diet (how you handled food cravings) during pregnancy because I think part of the reason you look so great post baby is because of what you did while you were pregnant.

    Happy Mother's Day by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are looking incredible!! And the before picture is just so so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look amazing!! Glad all is well. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete