Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weekend Plans

Today is our first weekend at home by ourselves.

I have no errands to run (that is a first!) and we have no plans, except a BBQ to go to in the evening.

The nanny (M) started on Wed.  She is very patient and gentle with Beanie, who took to her immediately and is happy to snuggle up to M and take naps.  M does a few things around the house, but mainly plays with Beanie and keeps her entertained while I work. 

I have started going for walks in the morning as soon as the nanny gets in. That way I can get my daily exercise out of the way.  Dropped another 1.5 lbs :-)

Today I wanted to just focus on Beanie and we have had a great day - snuggling, playing, reading books and listening to songs on U-Tube (she loves the song Wooden Heart by Elvis).

There is a line in that song that really touched my heart and got me teary-eyed. It goes something like "...it was always you from the start".  And it made me realize that Beanie was always meant to be my baby, right from the start! All those years of stark white pee sticks, my own egg failures all were leading up to her.  That was always the plan. I just did not know it then!

Beanie will be 8 weeks on Tue and I see changes in her everyday.

I just noticed that her eyelashes are now really obvious and are long and dark, before they were almost translucent. I am also seeing a hint of a dimple when she smiles.

She is now just beginning to smile back and laugh at things on purpose and not just randomly.

Last night during what felt like our 100th time up, I was changing her in a zombie state when I sneezed a couple of times. She started smiling and sort of laughing which in turn made me laugh. So, there we were giggling away at 3:30am.  It was so cute! 

She is also now tracking with her eyes and will follow me as I move around the room. She loves the ceiling fan so I usually turn it on/off and get it rotating when I am changing her so it keeps her busy.

Anyway, I ended up cancelling the BBQ this evening since she finally went down for a nap at 4pm and we had to leave at 5pm.  I swear my baby does not sleep during the day - at all!  She dozes on and off for 10-15 minutes to regenerate her energy but I am amazed that she can stay up that long. When she does nap she is a light sleeper, so I am always creeping around her. It does make it difficult for me to get anything done around the house.

Hopefully tomorrow it will not be rainy and we can get out and do something outdoors in the morning!




6 comments:

  1. Love hearing updates about you and beanie. And this one made me teary-eyed, too, especially as I'm heading in to my own DE cycle. Hoping for good weather tomorrow and more sleeping at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the first person I've heard say when they look back on their IF journey that they ended up with the baby they were meant to be. It's a really nice thing to hear.

    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My babies love sneezes too (although they think the fake ones are the funniest). I love that the strangest things make them laugh. How sweet it would be to be that way once again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And it made me realize that Beanie was always meant to be my baby, right from the start! ~ I've felt the same way about Elena. Glad you had such a nice quiet weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just loved it when the smiles started, and I will never, ever get tired of seeing them! Every new thing is the BEST THING EVER. I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete