Beanie came home on Friday with a fever and cough. We were planning to go to the Drs that Sat to drop off some XMas chocolates so I figured I would have her seen. They swabbed her for flu and said it was not flue but some other virus and to come back in 2-3 days.
On Sun her fever was spiking 102.7 but we were controlling it with Advil/Tylenol. On Mon I called the nurse and she said to bring Beanie in. Well, this time her swab came back positive for Flu!!
I am so bummed!
We are very particular about getting our flu shots and avoided getting sick last year. But this year she is in public school and mingling with so many kids.
Anyway, she is getting a bit better, but now I am running a 101.2 fever. I wore a mask etc but Beaie wanted to sleep with me and I let her - this was before we knew it was the flu.
Oh and to add to all that, my Dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday for pneumonia! My Mom is with him. He is doing better but they plan to keep him there for 3-4 days.
So now I am sick with a sick kid, and no help - SMC's worst nightmare! Please send us good thoughts. Thanks.
Oh no! I’m sorry to hear the flu came to call. Sending lots of care and well wishes. 💕
ReplyDelete