Tuesday, August 28, 2018

School Bus

Beanie rode the school bus this morning!

She was so excited and has been asking to ride it to school. I wanted to drive her to school the first week or so to make sure she was familiar with her classroom location. Now that she is comfortable with the layout I figured she was ready.

It took a while to register her. The website kept showing her as riding the bus back home which is not what I wanted since she attends ASP (after school program). Yesterday I finally called the bus people and they got it all sorted out.

The bus comes to the entrance to our sub-division at 7:05am. Apparently we are the first stop, or one of the first. School starts at 7:40am and by car we would leave home at 7:15ish and get to school by 7:20. We preferred to get there a bit early otherwise there is a long line of cars and too many kids. 

So, the difference between the car and bus is about 20min...since we need to leave home by 6:55 to get to the stop.

I woke Beanie a bit earlier at 6:15am, instead of 6:30am. She likes to eat breakfast which can vary from 10 min to 30 min ..so I need to cushion in extra time. Of course today she was done in 10 min and then we were cooling our heels for a bit.

We drove up to the gate in my car since I wanted to follow the bus to make sure she gets there! I was also curious about the bus route. It was a 15 min ride to school and she got there at 7:25am.  I did not see her disembark, but I saw the bus unload which was all I needed.

She loved the experience so I guess we will be bus riders for some time. Not sure about winter though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment