Friday, September 28, 2018

Quick Update

Sigh -- another month has passed so I decided I needed to post something, so here goes:

1. Beanie is enjoying school. She has made some good friends so we are even more busy now with parties and play dates. She has 2 other girls in her class who are only kids, so the parents are only to happy to set up cycling dates, etc.

2. Lost of parties coming up. We have a birthday every Sat for the next three weeks! Popular kid!

3. I have not been able to get anything going with my bathroom remodel so that is disappointing. Frankly by the ned of the day, I don't have the energy to go googling stuff. Just want to chill and watch NetFlix.

4. Last Sat I was pleased to find a local paint recycle event and managed to get rid of masses of paint I had in my garage. It was 10 years old and useless, but too much for me to try and recycle myself. I did keep back 4 cans and put kitty litter in them, so those are nice and dry and ready to be tossed. Its a small thing but something I needed done for years.

5. I need to organize my garage. There is lots of stuff in there and some needs to be sold, empty boxes need to be tossed and holiday stuff organized. Maybe one weekend we will work on it.

6. Beanie was grounded a coupe of weeks ago. Yes my 5 year old was grounded. Why?  Because we were at a school event. It was winding down and getting dark outside. We came into the school for something and then Beanie decided to just run off -- out the doors into the dark evening. It took me a few seconds to run after her and when I went out she was nowhere in sight. There were lots of people around, it was dark and for a good 5 min I could not find her. I was terrified!  I finally saw her - she had run off to the bouncy houses. I was so relieved when I saw her, but so scared and angry.

I grabbed her arm and we went straight to the car. It was a Fri night and I told her we were cancelling all fun for the weekend. Cue crying etc, but I was sticking to my plan.  She stayed home on Sat, while I went out with my friend to see a show. She behaved very well all day and when my Mom came to babysit.  The next day was Sunday we had planned to go to a festival. One we look forward to every year. I told her that since she had understood why she was grounded and had behaved well all day Sat, I was willing to give her a chance to show me that she knew how to behave when we were out in public.  I explained the rules and we went to the festival. She did phenomenally and I praised her for behaving well and not running off!

Ugh! I am not the best at following through on consequences - so I am working on that!

1 comment:

  1. I have read a couple stories lately of kids running off. I can just imagine how terrifying that would be. It does sound like she heard you and learned the lesson. There were consequences; you just adjusted them, reasonably I think. :)

    ReplyDelete