Saturday, March 10, 2018

Pierced Ears!

Today was a big day!  Beanie got her ears pierced - finally!

I say "finally" because she has been asking for it since she was 3 1/2 years old. At the time her friend's sister had her ears pierced and Beanie was thrilled by it all.  I was unsure if Beanie was ready, so we went down the path of stick-on earrings which she really enjoyed.

Now that she is approaching her fifth (!) birthday, I thought it was time. We were supposed to do it last Sat but Beanie had a cold so we postponed it to today.

Beanie was very excited all week and could not wait for today to come. I, on the other hand, was nervous. I was not sure if we should do one ear at a time or get both poked simultaneously by 2 people, will she cry, etc.

As with most things, it was much simpler than I had imagined :-)

I made the decision to do one ear at a time. My parents, Beanie and I headed to C.laire's at about 11am. Beanie had been up since 7am bouncing off the walls with excitement. Coincidentally, C.laire's filed for bankruptcy last evening!

Anyway we got there and the lady prepped Beanie. Beanie had already chosen the earrings from a previous "planning" visit.  The lady put the marks on Beanie's ears -- that was the most nerve wracking part for me. I could not decide if it should be higher, more left, etc.  Finally we made a decision  - ugh I hate decisions!

And then bang - bang and it was done.

Benaie was AMAZING. She did not cry, she did not even flich!  My brave girl. Afterwards we took pics and then headed out to get ice cream. We have a rule in the house that if Beanie gets "poked" - a blood poke (test), earrings, shots - she gets ice cream.

Below are some "before" and after "pics". After about an hour she said er ear did not hurt!  Now we have 3 weeks of "aftercare" - making sure we clean and turn it.

Swim begins in 4 weeks, so I am glad we got it done now.

Before
After



1 comment: