After a long and cold winter, we are finally seeing some lovely weather.
The past week has been warm and sunny, which was a nice change after almost 2 weeks of gray skies and rain. The daffodils are blooming and it feels very spring like. People are outdoors and doing yard work...love it!
In fact, was so nice last weekend, I took Beanie to the park on both Sat and Sun. She can now swing on her own without me pushing her! It felt so odd to finally be able to just sit and watch her swing. Also, she is now old enough to safely climb all the different ladders etc, so again no having to run after her. The park was busy both days since everyone was tired of being indoors.
In fact with the flu going around we curtailed our weekend fun quite a bit this winter. We mostly stayed home, often times because it was cold or raining, but equally because I did not want to go to crowded places. As a result, we have had a lot of Beanie-Mommy play time.
Today we finally ventured out to Wal.Mart and G.ap to outfit Beanie for Spring. Wal.Mart has some really inexpensive Capri which are perfect for school. We got a few dresses too which are super affordable, durable and cute. At Gap we bough shoes, an Ester dress, and a bunch of t-shirts. Beanie is into dresses, so this year I am only buying her a few t-shirts, and mainly dresses. She still fits into many of her dresses from last year.
Last weekend I did some pruning of my rose bush which is practically a tree now! And some odds and ends. I don't plant flowers until the and of March since we will get a couple of cold snaps between now and then.
Its just nice to be able to put away the thick coats and hats!
I dislike winter, so glad its over!
Good to hear from you and glad you guys are warming up from the long cold stretch of winter. Shopping for dresses sounds fun!
ReplyDelete