Wednesday, November 25, 2015

First Haircut

Today Beanie went for her first haircut so I wanted to do a quick post about it.

Her hair had become really long and combing it each morning, even with a wide tooth comb, was a struggle with her crying and me feeling awful, even though I was trying my best to be gentle.

A few months back she finally agreed to pony tails but then lost interest, so here we have the long hair and no pony tails and even though I put clips to keep it off her fact they invariable fall off, so it was a not a good combination.

I have been talking about haircuts for a few months. Her first reaction was "will it hurt?" - so cute - but then she became interested.

Last weekend I took her to my hair salon since I wanted my stylist to do her first cut (my stylist did too!). Unfortunately the day we went it was busy with someone blow drying their hair so the noise put off Beanie.

I had been told of a kids only hair salon in a nearby city so today I looked it up and it seemed fun. It had a indoor play area near by as well so we decided to make a day of it.

I would have liked to do the haircut first but Beanie was not having any of it, so we did the fun place where she had a blast coming done inflatable slides with big kids (boy, she is brave!) and jumping etc. After we ate lunch I expected a big melt down as we left, but we got lucky and then I suggested we go see the "car place".

The salon had cars and trains for kids to sit on. She was intrigued when we saw it online so we walked over.

 It was really nice. A couple of kids were getting hair cuts and it was quiet with a nice play area in the center with trains etc. She started playing and actually agreed to a hair cut.

They had a package of a  first haircut with a certificate and a lock of hair, so we went for it.

Beanie say on  pink car  - not Thomas - which surprised me, and she did great!!

I told the stylist that I really did not want to cut her lovely long hair but we were struggling with knots etc. The stylist was very sweet and cut the length very cautiously.

I got brave and told her three time to go a bit higher...I am happy with the result. Its a bit shorter than I had originally though I would do, but it looks great

Here are the before and after. The after pic did not come out well so I will take another and post soon.

Before




During...

After



1 comment:

  1. Beanie looks great!! I am glad she liked the experience.

    ReplyDelete