Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A much needed break

I had a day off from work today for Veteran's Day.

It was a complete surprise which we only found out about last week. My old company did not offer us this paid holiday but the new one does. Last week we get an unexpected email from one of my colleagues saying - BTW next Wed is off!

So I had a day all to myself with Beanie in school.

I did not even dare plan anything other than a massage because I was worried I would jinx it but it went great.

Beanie woke early so I was back home by 8am after dropping her off , which is pretty much unheard of in our house. Usually we leave home around 8:40am to avoid carpool (which she hates) and I end up doing a quick grocery run afterwards so its close to 9:30 by the time I get home.

I had a relaxed breakfast and then decided to tackle my mountain of junk mail which has been driving me crazy. Each time I go through this exercise, I swear that I will NEVER let it get that much, but who has the time to sort and shred junk mail. Anyways I got a bunch done.  Not all - sadly - but most of it.

At 9:30am, I got dressed and called the consignment store where I have been wanting to drop off some stuff. Last time I was there I was #18 in line and I just could not wait 3 hrs!

Today I called and they said they were not too busy, so I hightailed it over, and after about an hour's wait I got it done - whew!

Came home by 11am and did some yard work, organized some boxes in the garage so I could put them outside this week for trash pick up and cleaned the bathrooms (ugh!). By then it was about 12:45pm, so I had lunch and rested a bit and went for a massage at 2pm.

Ahh - I have not had a massage in about 2 mos. I used to go every 2 weeks before I had Beanie - lol!

It was glorious, I almost fell asleep.

After I got done, I texted Beanie's teacher to let her know I would pick up Beanie later, around 5pm, not 4pm. I came home and napped, in my bed, by myself, with no fear of being kicked in my head!!!!

I woke up, had a cup of tea and drove to pick her up. It was a beautiful sunny day so I knew she would enjoy the extra time playing outside with her classmates.

We came home and she got a snack/treat of half a blueberry muffin with her raspberries and we went over to my parent's house for dinner.

All in all it was a nice day.

I really needed this time to get stuff done. I have taken a couple of days off in Dec when Beanie is in school so I can get some things done in the house, e.g. organizing the closets, etc. It is impossible to do these type of things with her although she is getting better. A couple of days ago I actually cleaned the fridge in the evening after dinner while she played by herself which was awesome!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had the day off!! It sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a nice day. It is so important to have some time for ourselves once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a luxurious, well deserved day!!

    ReplyDelete