Tuesday, December 1, 2015

TG break recap

We had a lovely Thanksgiving break. I had taken the week off as well so I could spend some quality time with Beanie,

Here is a recap of what we did:

Fri 11/20 - I surprised Beanie by telling her we were going out to dinner. She was so excited since it was 6:30pm and dark outside so it seemed really special to go out at that time. We went to a local BBQ place and had a fun dinner. After that she did not want to go home but to a store (as in Tar,get). I dissuaded her and instead we went to my parents place where she had a ball!

Sat 11/21 - We went shopping which Beanie loves. I needed to buy some jewelery for my niece for her 21st birthday. I got her a beautiful necklace and erring set and ended up buying a  single pearl and small diamond pendant for Beanie too. Ya, like a 2.8 yr old needs that!!  But it was a fantastic "black friday" deal and you are never too young for jewellery. I will keep it for her 3 yr b'day in a few months. We then had lunch out, and after a nap went over to my parents for dinner.

Sun 11/22 - I know we did something fun but I cannot recall. We did go to my parents again in the evening.

Mon 11/23 - We went to the mall and the carousel. Beanie had a blast. She had pizza and ice cream and got to ride the escalator with me which she thought was just too much fun. And she saw Santa!!  We did not take pictures since we can do them for free this month in our city.

Tue 11/24 - We stayed home for some quiet time and "organized a couple of kitchen cabinets. That evening went to a nice restaurant for dinner for my niece's birthday. Its was a fine dining place and Beanie looked adorable in her new dress and cute black boots. She behaved really well, except they did not cater for kids food. I had taken some yogurt and a sandwich for her so she ate that after thumbing her nose at the noodles they prepared.

Wed 11/25 - We had wanted to go an animal preserve but it was cold and Beanie was coughing. Instead we went to Mon.key Joe.s at a nearby city. Beanie had such a blast. She was running around not sure what she should try.  She was totally fearless and ready to get on the big kids slides too. She was not intimidated by the older kids at all. We ate lunch there and then she got a haircut. Later we went to a bookstore.

Thurs 11/25 - We stayed home and then went for TG dinner to my sister's place. It was fun and Beanie had a good time. She loves parties!!

Fri 11/26 - We had a play date with her school friend and went for pizza afterwards. That evening we set up our outdoor lights. She was such a good helper!

Sat 11/27 - The weather was awesome so we drove an hour out to the animal rescue place. It was lovely and we got to see lions, bears, tigers, monkeys, emus, etc. Unfortunately Beanie was more interested in the playground than the animals, so although she had fun the highlight was the time we spent on the slides - sigh!!! In the evening we set up our tree.


Sun 11/28 - We went out to lunch with my Mom and she got what is probably the last ice cream of the season!

So it was a busy fun time. She got to eat way more pizza than normally allowed and watch "George" on the laptop a lot - all of it with the caveat that it was because she was on vacation.

Overall a good time. We did have the usual tantrums and meltdowns but I would say that 80% was fab with only 20% tough simply because she had a cold and that makes for one cranky toddler and one exhausted/impatient Mom.


2 comments:

  1. Such a busy week filled with so many fun activities. I like this age because kids seem more aware of their surroundings and showing preferences, rather than just going along. And, 20% though is a good percentage in my books ;) I wish it was that "easy" at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Beanie are certainly keeping busy - in lots of fun ways! Lots of social stuff and I can tell she is getting older and engaging happily with other people and her environment. 80% fab is a great percentage! :-)





    ReplyDelete