Sunday, October 25, 2015

Lesson Learned

Last week was a crazy week!

By some miscalculation we ended up with three doctor appts in the week. Wed morning was Beanie's 6-month dental visit, Thursday afternoon was a follow up to her earlier appt for her earache, and Friday I had a dental appt to put in my new crown.

I knew going in that it would be pretty hectic and it sure was, so lesson leaned that I need to space these things out if possible.

Thurs was the worst of all. I was tired but used my lunch hour to run some much needed errands, then picked up Beanie and went for her Dr appt which went well. We got done really quickly so I decided to get a flu shot. That night Beanie slept badly and there fore, so did I. By Friday evening we were both exhausted!!

That night Beanie slept 12 hrs which is very uncharacteristic for her and I got a  full 8 hours, so thankfully we were able to start the weekend out somewhat refreshed.

That said we had a lovely weekend with a visit to the library to exhage our book, lunch out, playing in an indoor play area, going to the garden center and planting pansies.

I have to say the past few weekends I have really enjoyed spending time with Beanie alone. Most times, my Mom accompanies us on our weekend jaunts since she is free and gets to do fun things too but with her being busy with my Dad, its just been me and Beanie and I have enjoyed it a lot!

We went over to my parent's house for dinner on Fri and Sat. It was fun. I can tell they really miss seeing Beanie daily as they used to. My dad is recovering well so he should be back to his normal activities soon.

In my Mom's absence, I have been having the 15 year old down the street come over to play with Beanie from 5:30-6:30pm the past 2 weeks. It has worked out well since Beanie is now very comfortable with her and will play with her without seeking my presence. I am happy since I now have a back-up for when my Mom cannot take care of Beanie.

This week I have a parent teacher conference at Beanie's school and I have a  colleague coming into the city for a trade show so will try and meet up with him for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. 12 hours of sleep? Wow, I wish my kid would sleep that long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your dad is recovering! And it sounds like a great weekend. And yeah for the 15-year old, just knowing I have back-up to my mom gives me a lot of peace of mind!

    ReplyDelete