Sunday, October 18, 2015

First Library Book

Today we borrowed our first book from the library for Beanie.

She picked it out herself!

 Its about a mouse going to bed who keeps asking her Mom for one more something (e.g. blanket, sip if water etc and finally for one more hug).



I am so excited and hope this is a start of a lovely relationship with books and the library both of which are near and dear to my hear. I used to be an avid reader growing up. I have lost some of that over the years due to time constraints, but being in the library is such an enjoyable experience for me and I hope to pass that on to Beanie.

It was adorable because she picked up another book that had the picture of a school bus. We sat down on a  table and she proceeded to "read" it to me. She kept turning the pages and running her fingers over the words and making up a story. It was so awesome!!

We have spent some really nice quality time this weekend.

Yesterday morning we went over to visit my parents since Beanie had not seen them in a week. My Dad had back surgery earlier this week so my Mom has been busy taking care of him. Later we went out to lunch and then to the pet store. After that Beanie asked for a treat so I took her to get ice cream. It was a really gorgeous day so she enjoyed sitting in the sun eating her cone.

Today after a pancake breakfast we went to the "swinging park" aka the park with the swings. We spent a full hour there and other than maybe 15 minutes on slides, Beanie spent the entire time on the swing. Luckily the other kids were not as interested in it, plus there are many swings in the park, so we were okay monopolizing the one we were using.

After that I took Beanie to get pizza. She was so excited!

Later we went to the library to pick up a parenting book I had ordered. She played outside near the fountain and then inside. We walked around and explored the library which was so much fun. By the time we left she was pretty wiped out. Her eyes were closing by the time I buckled her into the car.

Last weekend we did end up going to the pumpkin patch with the hayride and petting zoo. My Mom came with us since it was a good 40 min drive in the middle of nowhere. It was a fun day out. Beanie LOVED the hayride, but was not too impressed with the petting zoo. They only had sheep which she said were smelly - lol!  They did have a  few chicken in coops and pigs who were asleep.

There was a fun corn maze that we enjoyed and they were having a bird of prey show that I would have liked to see but Beanie was not interested and instead liked running through their vine tunnel. Overall it was a fun day in the country and she got to see horses and peacocks and pottery and bee keeping etc.




4 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! I love that she "read" the book. I bet her story was much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing a love of reading is so much fun! And I feel the same way as Beanie about petting zoos. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaww! This reminded me of when my dad used to take me to the library. I would get sooo excited. I still get that way when I go the the library. It's good to see Beanie showing interest at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no doubt that you're getting started on a lifelong love of reading and visiting libraries together. It's so lovely to know that you're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete